We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need names of tour operators for Istanbul day tour

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
need names of tour operators for Istanbul day tour

Hi,

My parents will be in Istanbul on 5 June 2013. They are arriving early in the morning on a cruiseship and depart again at 17:00 the same day.

I need to organize a full day tour for them. They want to have a german speaking guide and a car with a driver. The tour should include the major sites and lunch in a nice restaurant.

I was googling for hours but could not find a website of a reliable tour company.

Does anybody have names or a website for me?

Daily Istanbul Tours
Private Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Shopping Tours, City Tours
Istanbul Custom Tours-Private Day Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Istanbul Guided Private Tours
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Chora Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need names of tour operators for Istanbul day tour

Hi insight, To see the major sites and enjoy a lunch in a nice restaurant your parents really do not need a guide, and they certainly do not need a car and a driver. All of the major sites, with the exception of Chora Church, are located adjacent to one another in a pedestrian mall. Public transportation can get your parents as near to this area as a private car, and will cost them only 6TL in tram fare versus 200Euros for a car and driver to drive them to and from the cruise ship, and then spend the rest of the day waiting in a parking lot.

If you feel you need a German speaking guide I would recommend that you contact Burak at allabouturkey.com or contact Rina at Insight Travel is Kas, Turkey. Both of these individuals have decades of meeting unique needs of visitors, and I am confident they can provide a guide who speaks German. I would start with an email to one of these individuals, and if you do not get a swift response I would telephone one of them. It is a very busy season now in Istanbul. Maybe you can arrange to have a guide meet them at the cruise ship port and take the tram with them to Sultanahmet. If they prefer they could also take a taxi to Sultanahmet for about 20TL.

Popular lunch spots in Sultanahmet include Mosaic on Divan Yolu. Many visitors enjoy Amedros just off of Divan Yolu. Buhara on the street behind Divan Yolu gets get reviews. Walking to Akbilik St brings you to Albura, a popular restaurant that also offers a view of ancient ruins in the basement (you have to ask to see these). Some people also enjoy the Turquoise in this same area.

2. Re: need names of tour operators for Istanbul day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 05:18