We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul hammam

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul hammam

I 'd like to try one of these hammam I will be staying in the Taksim area is there any good hammam in the area with a smell of history in it. I'd like the traditional style that Turkish people use not a tourist like place. is there a separate area for men & women & what should I bring with me & how much should I expect to pay. Thanks in advance.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,120 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul hammam

Cute65, There is the Galatasaray Hamam at Taksim area but it gets very mixed reviews. Our regular poster Sharon can tell you about her experience, I hope.

enigma...

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,120 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul hammam

Cute65, There is the Galatasaray Hamam at Taksim area but it gets very mixed reviews. Our regular poster Sharon can tell you about her experience, I hope.

enigma...

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul hammam

Then I can go to one where I get good service guaranteed which one you think is that even if it is somehow far. I wanted to go to Sulaeimanya but it says you have to be a couple singles not accepted & I am going alone & want to be serviced by a woman

I want a non mixed hammam

one more question about credit card I don't have a pin code for my card is it ok because when I was in Germany it didn't work without it but I use it in Egypt without a pin code

Edited: 25 May 2013, 09:29
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,146 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul hammam

Hi Cute65, The hamam Enigma referenced was visited by one of our frequent posters, Sharon. I do not know where she is because I have not seen her posts for a few days. I am not positive, but I think she really enjoyed her experience in the Galatasaray Hamam. I am sure the attendents who serve women are also women.

You will need a PIN number to use an ATM card in an ATM machine in Turkey.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
783 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Istanbul hammam

Pin number for Credit cards is a must , you can not use it like we do in egypt while they escape the pin and tell you give me ur ID , outside egypt it is so restricted in that matter or you can use a credit card that there is no ships in the card in that case the card do not ask for a pin (the card without a ship must be swip in the machine the one witha ship he push it in the bottom of the machine ), some banks still give most of they debit cards without a ships so you will not have any problem in that case

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Istanbul hammam

thanks a lot egyptmmmx I wanted to make sure because in Germany I had the same problem

7. Re: Istanbul hammam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:16