We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping malls and public transportation

Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Shopping malls and public transportation

Hello guys!

I'll be on a shopping-spree while in Istanbul. To get to the different malls, I plan on using public transport.

Therefore, I'm wondering, which stops on the metro/tram/bus line are closest to these malls from Sultanahmet;

- Forum Istanbul

- Cevahir

- Marmara Forum

- Istinye Park

- Olivium mall

- Viaport mall

Thank you! :-)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,448 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping malls and public transportation

ThugOfAsia, For each one of these popular malls, the directions have been given many times at the forums. Just plug in the name of the mall at the "forum search box" and get the results. I will give just the Viaport directions. Board the tram at Sultanahmet and get off at Kabatas. At Kabatas take the seabus (not ferry) to Bostanci (weekdays) and finally at Bostanci take the free shuttle bus of the Viaport all the way to the mall. Have a look: "viaport.com.tr/directions/shuttle-schedule.a…" (check Viaport Bostanci Customer Schedule). Return the same way. (you can also take a bus No. 4 from Bostanci to Kadikoy and the ferry from Kadikoy to Karakoy, and the tram from Karakoy to Sultanahmet if you are late in returning).

good luck,

enigma...

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping malls and public transportation

Enigma , what do you mean by seabus to bostanci is weekday , it mean weekend ( saturday - sunday ) it is not working?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,448 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping malls and public transportation

egypt...., Kabatas - Bostanci is only on working days: "ido.com.tr/en/…342-bostanci-kabatas".

enigma...

4. Re: Shopping malls and public transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 06:18