We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to istanbul in june

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travelling to istanbul in june

hi

please i need ur help as i was planning to travel to istanbul on 21 june and i was going to stay in taksim but i heard about what is happening now in istanbul speciaaly taksim part so shall i postpone or cancel my visit. plz tell me the situation now as i have to take a quick decision so as not to lose a lot of money as i paid the trip fees. thnx a lot and waiting for ur replies

1. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 14:05
New York
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

I'm concerned about this as well. Can we get any reports from tourists currently in Istanbul?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

semsemaCairo, you are there for shopping basically. Just keep away from the demonstrators if there are any.

DepartureNYC, Same advice for you. Go ahead with your travel plans and keep away from the demonstrations, if there are any.

enigma...

Edited: 02 June 2013, 13:45
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,603 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

To all concerned, please read the thread entitled a "Warning to anyone in Istanbul." It gives all the information anyone can give at this stage.

Ireland
Level Contributor
731 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

We arrived yesterday and are staying in the Galata area. The taxi we took from the airport could not get through to our apartment building for the masses of young protesters coming down from the Istiklal area. But this was the only inconvenience or indication that there was something up. Our apartment owner advised us against going to Taxim for the time being. We spent today's morning in Sultanahmet and there was business as usual with masses of tourists and tour groups. There's so much you can do in Istanbul without venturing into the protest area. I wouldn't worry!

Dubai
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

Please I need your help, we are planning to reach Istanbul on 5th June but I heard about disturbance now in taqsim square, we have booked viva deluxe hotel. Should we travel or cancel our tickets and hotel booking.

sofia
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

I googled this particular topic, as I'm supposed to travel to Istanbul in early July to attend the Istanbul Jazz Fest and contacted the organizers to ask whether it will be postponed. Well, as expected, they don't know either, but they have already cancelled another music festival (one of the main highlights of the year), which was supposed to start today. i read of heavy use of tear gas and other chemicals by the police and am getting more and more nervous, even though my travel date is July 10th. As for June... the political analysts claim that Erdogan is not giving in any time soon (unless the military come into the picture) so who knows... if you're with kids, you best stay put for the time being.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

We are suppose to flight out on 22june and staying in sultanahmet area. Should we worry or it's looking it will calm down by then?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

Dee_225, Sultanahmet area has been unaffected by the disturbances. No need to change your plans.

enigma...

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travelling to istanbul in june

Enigma, thank you for the update! I was starting to panic, I feel better now. Hope it all calms down soon.