We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beylerbeyi Palace or Dolmabahce Palace

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Topic
Beylerbeyi Palace or Dolmabahce Palace

I am working on plans for our October trip and would appreciate your help. I had planned to visit Dolmabache Palace on a Tuesday morning and then take the ferry to Kadikoy to explore the flea market followed by a late lunch or early dinner at Ciya. The dinner would be an option if after the market we got on the historic train and got off at Bahaiye stop and walked back to Kadikoy . I am however interested in Beylerbeyi Palace as it doesn't sound as grandiose but is still filled with history.Would it be a better idea to take the early morning ferry from Eminonu to Beylerbeyi, tour the palace and then take one of the 15 buses to Kadikoy and follow the above plan for there? It seems that there is a big hassle with crowds at Dolmabache and not at Beylerbeyl.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,288 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beylerbeyi Palace or Dolmabahce Palace

alphatravellots, Yes, I would do that. Take the early morning ferry to Beylerbeyi and visit the Kadikoy flea market and Ciya restaurant. You have no time for Dolmabahce palace that day.

2. Re: Beylerbeyi Palace or Dolmabahce Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 05:16