We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

Cupertino
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

Hello,

Is "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application including both first and middle names?

ps. my USA passport has both first name and middle name.

Thank you,

Nancy

46 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

Hi

From what I have read it must be the same as it appears on your passport.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,143 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

Visa name should be the same as the name on your passport, which should match the name on your birth/marriage certificate for US passport.

Cupertino
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

Thanks all for your inputs. I though "given name" was just first name, but as bobbie23 and Busy-retired pointed out. It includes both first name and middle name show up in passport.

Below is the reply from Turkey e-visa:

Type your name, as on your passport,in the box. Please type your middle name right after your name with a space in between in the section of ‘given names’.

Regards,

e-Visa Support Desk

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

Hi I have just got our evisas and realised that I have not put our middle names on. Will the visa still be valid?

Thankyou

Uk
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

Hi I have also made this mistake and wondering if they m decline visa when we get there??Have u redone yours or are you just taking ones you have already done?

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

We have received an email from the Ministry of Foreign affairs saying that all information must be complete and match the passport, and they are therefore invalid. I have decided to redo them, as if they are not accepted the airport charge £20 each.

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

Have you already been to Turkey did you gain entry without the middle names showing on your E-visa.

I have just done 4 of them and not put middle names in ? We travel 26/05/14, wondering do I leave it and see.

Thanks

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

My understanding is that the names have to match to names on your passport and, if not, the visa is not valid.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

We have just got back, but we re-applied and got new ones with our middle names on.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application

In Turkey the middle name is considered part of your name.

Eg, lets say your name is Hasan Huseyin Ceylan, then your given name would be Hasan Huseyin

let's say your name is Halil Ibrahim Sofrasi, then your given name would be Halil Ibrahim

let's say your name is Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, then your given name would be Mustafa Kemal

Amanda, I think if you haven't put your middle names in you should be fine so long as your name & surname on the form appear exactly the same as they do on your passport regardless of omitting the middle name.

Reply to: Question on "Given Names" for Turkey evisa application
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted