We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

Paris, France
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

Hello, I hope this is not a duplicate question but I couldn't find any solution to my problem on the forum.

We are in France and would like to book a domestic flight from Istanbul to Kayseri for our trip to Turkey. When trying to book both with Atlasjet and Turkish Airlines, our credit card was rejected (my boyfriend and I tried with 3 different cards). I also tried calling my bank, but they told me they haven't blocked any purchase for Turkey.

Did anyone have any success booking domestic flights with European credit cards? We are thinking of trying Pegasus Airlines but the flight is from SAW airport which seems farther away.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,924 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

Laura, This problem may be the result of some sort of miscommunication by the airlines pos machines and the banks that credit cards belong to. You can use Tur-Ista Travel agency at Sultanahmet to buy your tickets (with small added comissions of course) and still get your printouts and can pick up your tickets at the counter at the airport or from the travel agency when you are in Istanbul. Here is the website. "www.turistatravel.com/index2.php…". You can also try the website: "www.aerobilet.com".

good luck,

enigma...

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

I have always had difficulties booking domestic flights outside of Turkey, and even in Turkey I have also had problems with some credit cards. I generally ask the staff of my hotel to make reservations or use a travel agent.

Paris, France
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

Thank you for your answers. We tried Aerobilet but had the same problem. We hesitate about the agency, since the fee actually doubles the price of the ticket - so we're thinking of trying Pegasus or taking the bus instead.

(Our trip might even be cancelled after recent events in Turkey, so I'll wait a day or two to see how the situation develops).

Antalya, Antalya...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

about denied credit card transactions at Aerobilet: Aerobilet has strict credit card controls for all of your safety. It is completely 3d secure. If your credit card is not open to 3d secure protocol, please contact aerobilet on how to buy your ticket online. Aerobilet accepts all foreign major credit cards.

Devrim Pınar

Aerobilet

Pr & Advertisement Director

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
292 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

Devrim P, while you mean no harm, solicitation and advertising are expressly forbidden on these forums, and all three of your posts are clearly in violation of Trip Advisor rules.

Antalya, Antalya...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

I report them as inappropriate to administrator.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

I can not send query from aerobilet web. I;ve tried to clicked 'send' but it dind't work. I need to contact aerobilet since my transaction payment for flight booking was failed. Please advice

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,924 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

myaharyono, Use the airlines own website. This way it will work.

enigma...

Jakarta
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

No it didn't. Only mobile/tab pegasus accept foreign cc, otherwise failed. And at last, I've made it using wegolo.com, the service fee is also reasonable.

10. Re: Booking domestic flights with Atlasjet / Turkish Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 05:16