We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal flights in Turkey - Istanbul to Kayseri

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Internal flights in Turkey - Istanbul to Kayseri

Hi,

I have 3 full days in Turkey in November, it's a bit tight so I'm thinking of flying immediately to Kayseri to see Cappadocia in 1 day, and then have a night flight back to Istanbul for the last 2 days.

The problem is that the connecting flights are a bit of a problem as I lose a lot of time transiting.

I fly Pegasus and arrive in Sabiha Gokcen at 9am but then can only find a flight to Kayseri at 6.35pm!!

Should I just ditch the Cappadocia idea and spend 3 full days in Istanbul?

or should I try an overnight bus from Istanbul to Kayseri?

or should I just visit Ephesus which is nearer?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,146 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internal flights in Turkey - Istanbul to Kayseri

I would not attempt to leave Istanbul if I only had three days. This is not even enough time to see the major sites in the city let alone make any side trips to other locations. If Cappadocia is very important to you, you should make a decision between visiting this destination and visiting Istanbul. You really cannot do both in three days.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internal flights in Turkey - Istanbul to Kayseri

I completely agree with BR!

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internal flights in Turkey - Istanbul to Kayseri

Agree totally. You really need three days to see Cappadocia from Istanbul (two days there and half a day either side travelling) - and Istanbul itself needs three full days as an absolute minimum. Can you extend your stay in Turkey to a week?

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internal flights in Turkey - Istanbul to Kayseri

Another vote for staying in Istanbul. Cappadocia needs three days by itself. On my first trip to Turkey, I spent 3+ weeks to see many of the sights and travel around the country. If you have just 3 days, definitely spend that time in Istanbul.

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Internal flights in Turkey - Istanbul to Kayseri

Thanks BR,HTR, GTTD,G2 for your comments. Much appreciated. I'm flying in from Israel and had only those 3 days left so I wanted to maximise the travel...but looks like it's too short to split it between the 2 places..

I'll see if I can pull a few more days of leave from my job!!

6. Re: Internal flights in Turkey - Istanbul to Kayseri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:18