We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Sultanahmet

Islamabad
Level Contributor
19 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Sultanahmet

I will be in Istanbul InshaAllah from 24 to 31 Aug 2013 for 7 nights.

Need advice regarding stay there.

I will be traveling with my wife and 11 year old daughter.

Budget 60 to 75 $ per night.

Should be near a Metro or other Public transport.

Clean and quite.

Preferably near the attractions.

Regards and best wishes

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Sultanahmet

This is quite a low budget for three people in peak season. Maybe start off by looking at the Peninsula Hotel - this is one of the lowest budget hotels that constantly gets good reviews in the Sultanahmet area - or perhaps Naz Wooden House.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,387 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Sultanahmet

Neurologist, I recommend that you try Sirkeci hotels first. Erboy Hotel is ever popular with our forum members: "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d296569…". It is only about 60 meters from the tram station. Sirkeci has excellent restaurants also. Have a look at the following: "www.sirkecirestaurants.com".

enigma...

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,146 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Sultanahmet

Hi Neurologist, As GTTD explained, your budget for a hotel in Istanbul is a bit low. You may be more successful than usual because recent problems in Istanbul have created a few more vacancies than usual for this time of the year. I doubt you can find anything for $60USD, but you may come close. Trip Adviser has a special category of budget hotels, and I would suggest that you look through them. If you find a property that appeals to you, send them an email and ask for their current rate. The URL for this category is tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-Istanbul-Cheap-Ho…

I personally stay at the Apricot Hotel right in the heart of Sultanahmet. It is a small and modest property, but it meets all of our needs, and rates well above excellent in our experiences.

Riga, Latvia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Sultanahmet

Neurologist, try to check Emin Hotel in Cirkeci area. Recently, was there, nice low-budget hotel in very centre area in Sultanahmet. It costed about 40$ per night including breakfast.

phila
Level Contributor
277 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Sultanahmet

I was talking with a hotel owner in Sirkeci who said that because of cancellations, he was forced to rent his $90 rooms for $65. So I would look at hotels in the $80-90 range (and agree with Enigma that Sirkeci makes sense - it is one tram stop and a few blocks from the spice bazaar and two stops from Sultenahmet) and don't be afraid to negotiate!!

Islamabad
Level Contributor
19 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Sultanahmet

Thank you everyone for the advice.Appreciated.

Edited: 14 July 2013, 06:22
7. Re: Hotel in Sultanahmet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:18