We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In istanbul right now...need advice

Connecticut
Level Contributor
299 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
In istanbul right now...need advice

I am currently in istanbul right now. I want to take the ferry from eminou to eyup and go to the mosque and take the cable car in Pierre loti. I also wanted to take a Bosporus cruise. Can I do these cruises on te same day? How much time should I allot in eyup?? Thanks

Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
171 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Special Offer
Istanbul Day Tour of Sultanahmet...
1,230 Reviews
from US$72.25*
US$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from US$250.75*
US$295.00
Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise with Dinner...
96 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In istanbul right now...need advice

Yes you can do them in the same day. From Eminonu take the ferry to Eyup (the pier is quite hard to find as it isn't obviously with the others.... walk past the bus station and go down the closest side of the Stork building (there is a path). There is only one ferry an hour and I think it is at 53 mins past.

Once at Eyup you should plan to spend a good couple of hours - have a look around the area, the Eyup mosque and mausoleum, and then take the cable car to the Pierre Loti cafe (don't do this on a weekend as it will be really crowded). Come back down and then either catch the ferry back to Eminonu or else a bus (it is obvious where to get them - and you will see the stop when you cross the road from the ferry when you arrived) and just get one that has Eminonu on the front.

From here you can catch the short Turol cruise which is 1.5 hours - or if you are back by 1.35pm (best to get back early so you can get a good seat - so maybe closer to 1pm) you could take the full cruise and have a late fish lunch at Anadolu Kavagi and climb up to the castle to see the Black Sea before coming back. This takes 6 hours in total.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
299 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In istanbul right now...need advice

Thanks!!!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,904 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In istanbul right now...need advice

suzia, Here are the ferry schedules both for the Bosphorus Cruses and Golden Horn ferries (for Eyup). "sehirhatlari.com.tr/Uploads/Sehir-Hatlari-20…". You can do both in one day.

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Golden Horn
Golden Horn
8 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Connecticut
Level Contributor
299 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In istanbul right now...need advice

Thanks enigma. Also can you tell me what my options are for taking a night Bosporus ferry??

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,904 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In istanbul right now...need advice

suzia, have a look at my response at "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k6675…".

enigma...

istanbul
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: In istanbul right now...need advice

hi suzıa,

ı quess, its ımpossıble to visit all of these places ın a one day :) but when u ended to vısıt places u wıll be happy, if u want we can help u...

7. Re: In istanbul right now...need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 05:19