We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

Houston, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

Our 17 year old daughter is travelling with us, and I would like to find out if there are any nice boutiques around Sultanahmet. I would like some local designers, who have good quality clothes. Also, are there shops where one can have custom made clothing? For teenagers?

Thanks in advance for your help. Just trying to surprise my baby.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,855 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

TheDacian, I suggest that you either buy or have a custom made leather jacket made for your daughter. That would be a nice nurprise. Try Prens Leather, "tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293974-d1…". It is at Cemberlitas, very close to Cemberlitas tram stop. "http://goo.gl/maps/4nSkV".

good luck,

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

Hi,

You dont have much chance in old town. Your best bet would be visiting Nişantaşı area. You can find both famous brands and small designer boutiques together in this area. Simply take tram to Kabatas, use funicular connection to metro and leave @Osmanbey (1 stop only). Follow Rumeli (str.) signs, walk down to Teşvikiye neighbourhood. Dont miss surrounding streets.

Alper

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

You will be able to find some interesting things that your daughter will probably like in and around Sultanahmet - embroidered boots, leather, scarves (have a look in the Arasta Bazaar and the street leading downhill from the end of it (opposite end to Sultanahmet Square) but there isn't anyone doing custom made clothing - or any modern clothes designers.

Take Alper's advice on this - or if she likes retro/grunge/second hand, there are some great passages off Istiklal Cad where she could hunt out a real bargain if she has good luck and the patience!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

If you want to go to a nice mall and also take it easy and people watch while having a meal or drink go to Kanyon Mall in Levent. It is about 4 or 5 stops on Metro (underground) - really nice and there was some music too. Not as big as the Galleria but big and nice. I think it has 160 stores. Like the Galleria - not cheap.

Houston, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

Thanks guys. We'll have to stick around Sultanahmet as we're not going to have time to go outside the area this trip. Next time, definitely.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

In that case, look in the Arasta Bazaar and around that area - you will certainly find some interesting things that your daughter wouldn't find outside of Istanbul.

Houston, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

Thank you all for your help. It's starting to look more and more like I just have to come back to Turkey, and I haven't even been there yet!

8. Re: Looking for boutiques in Sultanahmet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:17