We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Value of the Turkish Lira

Abuja
3 posts
Save Topic
Value of the Turkish Lira

Hi everyone,

please i would like to ask if 3,000TL is a lot of money i can shop with in istanbul? i mean general shopping of adult and children clothing, shoes, bags and pay for my transportation around Istanbul and feeding too.

Thank You.

Turkey Travel Consultant
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Boat Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Day Trips
Limousine Plus
Taxis & Shuttles
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,928 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Value of the Turkish Lira

Fati, 3000 TL is about 1500+ USD. It all depends on how many days. Excepting hotel expenses and airfare R/T to Istanbul, you would be spending about 50-70 USD/person/day in Istanbul and that incudes lunch, dinner, snacks, transportation, small souvenir purchases, museum fees, incidentals, etc. but does not include major purchases like carpets or jewelery. So assuming that you spend 700 USD for shopping for yourself and others, then you have 800 USD left for the above expenses (except hotel and airfare). And that should be sufficient.

enigma...

Abuja
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Value of the Turkish Lira

Thank you enigma, i meant just for shopping, without hotel bills and airfare. i want to have an idea of the purchasing power of the TL. if i have 3,000 TL do you think its quite an amount?

thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,928 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Value of the Turkish Lira

Yes, it is. Here is a comparison. "expatistan.com/cost-of-living/…". cost of living in Abuja, Nigeria is 48% more expensive than Istanbul.

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Abuja
Abuja
Abuja State, Nigeria
4. Re: Value of the Turkish Lira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 06:21