We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zuma restaurant

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
351 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Zuma restaurant

We will be staying in a flat near to Galata Tower, who do we get to Zuma restaurnt and back using public transport?

Could you give your opnion about this restaurnt?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,139 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zuma restaurant

Hi Father-Copenhagen, Zuma is a very trendy Asian restaurant in Ortakoy. If it were me I would probably elect to go there by taxi. I would expect that the fare would not exceed 20TL. You could, however, take the Tunel down to the tram line. Then take the tram to the end of the line at Kabatas, and then take the 25E bus to Ortakoy.

I have not eaten at this restaurant. It specializes in Japanese cuisine, which is not a favorite of mine. It is exceedingly popular right now, so you should absolutely obtain reservations and expect to pay significantly more than you would in a more ordinary restaurant. I assume it would not be so exciting if the food and service did not match the reputation, so if this is a cuisine you enjoy you should certainly try it.

Trondheim
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zuma restaurant

Much better walk up to Taksim and take a bus to Ortaköy

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
351 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zuma restaurant

Thanks for your help. Is it safe to go toTaksim ? Which bus should We take to Ortakoy and back to Taksim ?

We are trying to avoid to use Taxises as much as we can after all the scam stories that we read about in TA !

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Zuma restaurant

Hi,

Destinations are clearly mentioned on public buses. Besides Ortaköy bus, any bus following coastal road passes by Ortaköy. Simply ask when you arrive Taksim square main bus stop. In return take any bus with Taksim sign.

Alper

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,856 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zuma restaurant

F-C, Just walk down from the Galata Tower area to Karakoy, take the tram from Karakoy to Findikli and the bus 25E from Findikli to Ortakoy. That is it. Use your Istanbulkart. Zuma is a great reaturant, albeit expensive.

enigma...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
351 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zuma restaurant

Thank you.

7. Re: Zuma restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 05:18