We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest possible time for public transfer, IST to Sultanahmet

Ibusuki, Japan
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Latest possible time for public transfer, IST to Sultanahmet

What is the latest possible transfer from Istanbul airport to Sultanahmet area?

I heard the Istanbul airport subway runs till 0.30 am, but how about Zeytinburnu-Sultanahmet subway. If i leave airport 11:30 pm, what time I will be in Zeytinburnu? Is Zeytinburnu T1 station close to airport line's station (M1A)?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,389 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest possible time for public transfer, IST to Sultanahmet

Takui, public transport runs till midnight. If you catch the 11.30 PM metro, you can also catch the tram (t1) from Zeytinburnu. Metro needs about 20 minutes to reach Zeytinburnu. "…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/…29.png".

enigma...

Istanbul
Level Contributor
617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest possible time for public transfer, IST to Sultanahmet

Takui, If you miss that last metro, there is a city bus 96T which runs throughout the night from the Airport (IST) to Taksim, passing Aksaray from where you can either walk of take a short taxi ride to Sultanahmet. I have used this service from/to airport when all other forms of public transportation have stopped for the night.

3. Re: Latest possible time for public transfer, IST to Sultanahmet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 07:18