We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a shuttle, train or bus from Sabiha to Old Town?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, Costa Rica
7 posts
Save Topic
Is there a shuttle, train or bus from Sabiha to Old Town?

I'm not really interested in taking a bunch of transfers from bus to bus to get there. Its a pain with luggage and trying to figure out where to get off. I am hoping there is a shuttle service that is going to charge an arm and leg to get there.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,715 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a shuttle, train or bus from Sabiha to Old Town?

mmlacroix, I do not know what your definition is for an arm and a leg for shuttle prices, but here are three companies that will provide you service from Sabiha to your hotel at the old town. "www.efenditravel.com", and "www.istanbulairportshuttle.com" and "www.istanbulairportexpress.com".

enigma...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a shuttle, train or bus from Sabiha to Old Town?

It will be a lot cheaper to take the Havatas Bus to Taksim and then a cab to Old Town. The bus has space for luggage in the under belly. The Havatas is 13TL (if I recall) and a taxi will cost you less than 50TL. The transfer on the other hand will be about 60Euros (154TL)

San Jose, Costa Rica
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a shuttle, train or bus from Sabiha to Old Town?

The quotes I getting from hotels and from what I'm reading about Taxis they are 70+ euros each way. That's way to much dough.

Edited: 08 August 2013, 21:02
Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a shuttle, train or bus from Sabiha to Old Town?

Shuttles generally charge around 10-12€ per person. They have to be pre-booked.

When flying into SG airport, it is worth remembering that what you save on flights can get eaten into by transfers to hotel (in time is not money!). It is a long way out of the city.

San Jose, Costa Rica
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a shuttle, train or bus from Sabiha to Old Town?

Havatas said it takes 90 mins to Takim for 12 TL... and run every 30 mins. I think that what we will do

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a shuttle, train or bus from Sabiha to Old Town?

Remember however that Taksim isn't the Old Town (which is generally Sultanahmet - the other side of the Golden Horn). Once at Taksim, you will either need to take a taxi from there to the old town, or get the metro down to Kabatas, then the tram from Kabatas to wherever in the old town you need to go, then walk to your hotel.

7. Re: Is there a shuttle, train or bus from Sabiha to Old Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 05:18