We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel plan to Istanbul in November

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel plan to Istanbul in November

Dear all,

Can you please give me an overview about travelling to Istanbul in November?

I know, that it will be "not so good" idea, but I have no other options.

I need some overview mostly in the weather and the condition to visit some places, like Dolmabahce Palace, Topkapi Palace, Ayasofya and those places relate to ancient history.

Would you please help me with your suggestion?

I thank you in advance.

Warmest regards.

Moscow
Level Contributor
839 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel plan to Istanbul in November

November is a very pleasant time of year to visit Istanbul. I was there at end of October last year and found it far easier and more comfortable than the heat of the summer. I cannot see how the weather might affect your plans in any way except positively.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel plan to Istanbul in November

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Was it already snowing that time when you're travelled?

I live in Sweden, so I'm expecting the weather will be just fine just like in here during that time.

Again, thank you for replying!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
655 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel plan to Istanbul in November

My first visit to Istanbul was the last week of October in 2012. The weather was very,very nice then. Days were warm enough to not need a coat, evenings were a bit cooler but not cold. There were blue skies and sunshine every day, with rain on one evening. That gave us a spectacular lightning storm illuminating the Istanbul skyline so I didn't mind in the least.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,121 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel plan to Istanbul in November

Hi Kodaline, I have spent the last four Novembers in Istanbul. The weather is cooler, and occasionally we have a bit of rain. We pack clothing we can layer because some days are still warm. I take a sweater and a jacket. My husband, who is sensitive to cold temperatures, takes his winter coat. We take shoes that can endure a bit of wet pavement. Last year I believe I wore my jacket only once or twice. I have never seen any snow in November. I suppose it is possible, but I would think quite rare.

Very little of the things we do in Istanbul are outdoor activities so the weather is only a concern when you are moving from one location to another.

For me there are several advantages to traveling in November. I find the climate much better than the heat of the summer. The crowds of tourists have diminished so it is possible to visit the historical sites without standing in long lines. The crush of tourists has declined a bit making it easier to walk around the neighborhood. I think the people are more relaxed and less hectic because the summer rush has ended.

Many hotels will have switched to off-season rates, which in some places can result in a significant savings. I also believe I can negotiate better prices in November than I can in July. Flowers are still blooming. I am always surprised at the fact that roses are still in bloom. Produce from the farms is fresh. The citrus season in the south of Turkey has started, so you can enjoy a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice all over the city. My daughter loves November because seafood is in season, particularly hamsi, which she could eat five times a day.

I do not think it is "not so good" of an idea. Of course, I have also spent January, February and March in Istanbul, and I liked it then as well, but the flowers are not as profuse. You might really need a winter coat, and there is a greater chance of snow.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel plan to Istanbul in November

Good evening everyone,

Thank you so much for your kind answer to my question.

I already book the ticket and ready to go for the trip!!

I really appreciate all of your suggestion. May we cross path in the future :))

Best regards,

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,121 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel plan to Istanbul in November

I have also just purchased our tickets to Istanbul as well. As always we are looking forward to November and a few weeks in Istanbul.

7. Re: Travel plan to Istanbul in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 07:19