We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

I will arrive at Atatürk airport at 21:15 on Saturday 7 September. I intend to reach my hotel in Kadiköy by a combination of metro to Zeytinburnu, then tram to Eminönü or Karaköy, then ferry to Kadiköy.

My concern is that there may be no ferries running by the time I reach the European centre of Istanbul.

Firstly, what time does the last ferry to Kadiköy depart?

Secondly, if I do not manage to make the last ferry, by what alternative means does one get cheaply from Eminönü or Karaköy to Kadiköy?

Thank you

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

sehirhatlari.com.tr/en/timetable/kadikoy-emi…

Click on timetables and then on innercity lines for all the ferry times.

Karaköy has the latest ferry and you should be in time to get that last ferry.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

LPB, Here are the schedules. "sehirhatlari.com.tr/Uploads/Sehir-Hatlari-20…" (pages 5-6). The last ferry from Karakoy to Kadikoy is at midnight. You should be able to make it to the last ferry to Kadikoy. If not you can take a taxi to Kadikoy or if you can reach Taksim, take a dolmush (shared van) from Taksim to Kadikoy (no luggage with this option).

enigma...

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

If I fail to reach Karaköy in time to get the last ferry at midnight, how much should I expect to pay for a taxi from Karaköy to Kadiköy?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

LPB, about 45 TL.

enigma...

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

Teşekkür ederim, enigma!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

We returned today from a 5 night stay in the harem area on the asian side. We had a taxi from attaturk airport at around 2230hours and it cost us approx 70 lira, my husband has stayed in kadikoy on business and a taxi usually costs him approx 80tl.

Arriving late evening after your flight and probably just wanting to get to the hotel I personally would get a taxi the whole way.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

I already have the Istanbulkart with money loaded on it from my last trip. I am quite happy to travel by public transport. I am familiar with the metro-tram-ferry route. In my opinion, that is 80TL saved for my other holiday expenses whilst I am in Istanbul.

Thank you anyway for the suggestion.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

I already have the Istanbulkart with money loaded on it from my last trip. I am quite happy to travel by public transport. I am familiar with the metro-tram-ferry route. In my opinion, that is 80TL saved for my other holiday expenses whilst I am in Istanbul.

Thank you anyway for the suggestion.

9. Re: Latest ferry departure Eminönü / Karaköy to Kadiköy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 07:20