We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct or best route to Cannakale from Istanbul

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Direct or best route to Cannakale from Istanbul

My partner and I are looking to do some diving in Cannakale. At the moment we are on a tour of Turkey and do have a stop in Cannakale but not enough time to dive and then we head to Istanbul and end the tour and have 4 days in Istanbul.

We were wondering if there is a direct route from Istanbul to Cannakale or what is the best way to get there from Istanbul?

We are also tinkering with the idea of getting off the tour at Cannakale (since it is our last stop before the tour ends in Istanbul) and staying a couple of days in Cannakale and then head back to Istanbul. If we go this route, is there a best route back to Istanbul from Cannakale.

I am guessing the routes would be the same either way but would love some help

Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,397 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct or best route to Cannakale from Istanbul

DJ1983DG1984, yes the routes would be the same both ways. Assuming you start from Canakkale, first cross the straits with a car ferry to Eceabat and then continue to Istanbul with the shortest route. I assume you drop your car off at Ataturk airport. Here is the route: "http://goo.gl/maps/9c8ob". It is 306 km's and 4 hours driving.. Good roads, well signposted.

good luck,

enigma...

Moscow
Level Contributor
845 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct or best route to Cannakale from Istanbul

The road back to Istanbul forks about 50-60 km out of Istanbul. Make sure you look out for this junction and keep on the faster highway (route O-3). I missed the fork and end up on the coastal road (route D-100). It was an interesting road but lots of traffic lights and much slower.

3. Re: Direct or best route to Cannakale from Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:21