We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night coach ticket - online booking questions

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Night coach ticket - online booking questions

Hi there,

I am trying to book night coach tickets online from Istanbul to Goreme for 24 September. I tried Nevsehir first but it didn't allow me to choose two persons of different genders (me and my wife, in this case) sitting next to each other. I don't know if it is just a bug of their website or a policy of the company. When I filled in the booking form, it allowed me to put in two persons names but online choose one gender for both persons. At the end I just gave up. If you have any idea how to do it, please let me know, and I would be very grateful.

Then I tried Metro. For Istanbul, it asked me to choose from a list of stations:

ISTANBUL (BAYRAMPASA)

ISTANBUL (Alibeykoy)

ISTANBUL (4. LEVENT)

ISTANBUL (HUNTERS)

ISTANBUL (Harem)

ISTANBUL (DUDULLU FACILITY)

ISTANBUL (SAMANDIRA)

ISTANBUL (AKSARAYEMNIYET)

I don't know where they are, and I can't even see Esenler Otagar in the list. I was going to choose Bayrampasa, as from Google Maps Bayrampasa looks not too far from the Otagar, but if it is not in the Otagar, how can I find out where the pick up point is?

I just want to book tickets that allow me and my wife to sit next to each other, and if possible, the coach would stop in the Otogar or another easy to find place. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

JB

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night coach ticket - online booking questions

If I were you I would just buy them once you are in Istanbul from a ticket office. It will be much easier and they can explain the options for free service buses to the coach station as well.

Trondheim
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night coach ticket - online booking questions

Use Ulusoy, I used them for a trip to Safranbolu and bought online, from Otogar, no problems. Excellent company.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,259 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night coach ticket - online booking questions

JB, All coaches leave from Otogar and it is a giant terminal. Esenler Otogar and Bayrampasa Otogar are the same, just interchangeable names. Have a look: "turkeytravelplanner.com/go/Istanbul/Transpor…". The buses leave from the office area of the respective bus companies. You can get to Otogar by metro from Aksaray.

At Nevsehirliler website, it says that same gender must be chosen for adjacent seats (computer program requirement) next to each other. So you can choose "Baylar için" for both you and your wife and if someone asks you can show your passport. "https:/…Kara3.aspx". I saw two buses leaving on September 24, at 20.30 and 21.00 hours. So you can get tickets for either one. Initially you choose from the grey area (available seats). Don't worry, you can travel with your wife on these buses, sitting next to each other.

good luck,

enigma...

Maryland
Level Contributor
518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night coach ticket - online booking questions

I'm looking to book a bus from Istanbul to Denizli on Oct 1 but have decided to do it once I get to Istanbul, understand there are several coaches and its easy to get seats.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night coach ticket - online booking questions

Thank you all for your helpful advice! I was concerned about no tickets available if I book too late, but it seems ok from what you said. So I will buy tickets once I am in Istanbul :)

6. Re: Night coach ticket - online booking questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:21