We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Tour Guide with in-depth Knowledge

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Tour Guide with in-depth Knowledge

Traveling solo to Istanbul in early November. I have a solid foundation of the history of the region, and as such I am looking for a tour guide with emphasis on the human geography/cultural geography of the city. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance,

albert

Daily Istanbul Tours
Private Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Shopping Tours, City Tours
Istanbul Custom Tours-Private Day Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Istanbul Guided Private Tours
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Chora Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,514 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Tour Guide with in-depth Knowledge

Albert, I can suggest Hakan Kocaturk for you. He is an excellent guide. "turkeytravelplanner.com/guides/kocaturk_h.ht…". If he is not available fro your dates, you can pick another one from the following list of guides. "www.turkeytravelplanner.com/guides/list.html".

good luck,

enigma...

los angeles
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Tour Guide with in-depth Knowledge

I recommend Bes Bulent Simsek. We used him and he was outstanding. You can find him on Facebook by typing in his name or you can contact me if you are interested and I will get you more information.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Tour Guide with in-depth Knowledge

If Hakan is available for the dates you require he is an amazing guide. I learned more from him in one day than I did in four semesters of world history, one of them taught at Robert College in Istanbul, and a year of advanced reading before arriving in Istanbul.

There is no one I know with a greater depth of understanding about Turkey than Hakan. It is, however, difficult to make a reservation with him.

4. Re: Looking for a Tour Guide with in-depth Knowledge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:20