We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Aksaray to Ataturk Airport by metro

Helsinki, Finland
2 posts
Save Topic
From Aksaray to Ataturk Airport by metro

Hi, our flights leaves from Istanbul on Saturday at 8.40 am. Is there any problem that we take metro M1 in Aksaray about 6 am to the airport. I mean does metro drives at 6 am on Saturday mornings and is there enough time that we don't miss our flight... Thank you

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,849 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Aksaray to Ataturk Airport by metro

Juha, Yes, sure you can take the first metro from Aksaray to the airport (last stop). It will take about 40 minutes the most. So you will be in time for your 08.40 AM flight.

enjoy Istanbul,

enigma...

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Aksaray to Ataturk Airport by metro

İ remember once somebody posting here, was in a hurry to get to the airport and jumped on the metro to the Atatürk Oto Sanayi, which is completely the wrong direction. So be sure you take your way to Atatürk Havalımanı.

Here is a good map:

rayhaber.com/wp-content/uploads/istanbul-met…

Helsinki, Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From Aksaray to Ataturk Airport by metro

I have been in Istanbul earlier and if I remember correct, Aksaray is the last stop (?), so I don't undestand how somebody can even get from Aksaray to Ataturk Oto Sanaiy by metro... ;) Probably I'm missing something....

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Aksaray to Ataturk Airport by metro

They were probably starting from another spot.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,849 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Aksaray to Ataturk Airport by metro

Juha, The metro from Aksaray does not go to Ataturk Oto Sanayii. However the metro from Taksim does. Those folks probably thought that any name that contains Ataturk in it must be the airport, so took the wrong metro.

enigma...

6. Re: From Aksaray to Ataturk Airport by metro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:18