We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lost and found office ataturk airport

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
171 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
lost and found office ataturk airport

While trying to get in touch with the office of lost and found property in Ataturk Airport - I wonder if they can help me to deliver my lost mobile phone to other city rather than Istanbul. I lost (or perhaps it was stolen) my phone in departure domestic terminal around yesterday midnight. Eventually the police officer around wasn't able to communicate in English and my next flight was going soon.

Well, it is not sophisticated expensive phone though if I could get it back, that would be wonderful.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lost and found office ataturk airport

Highly unlikely."You lost it you go and collect" it is more likely to be their response.Imagine if everyone who had mislaid something asked them to do this.Chaos :) Wait until you are back in the city and go to the office and pick it up.

Of course maybe you could use a courier company but they would not have any identification from you so it may not be given over to them.Plus that would probably cost more than the phone is worth.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,091 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lost and found office ataturk airport

I completely agree with Sari. I am quite sure that no one at the airport will be able to send your cell phone to you. We accidentally left a expensive gold and diamond ring at the security check of a US airport a few years ago. They found it, and our airline people went and picked it up. They would not, however, mail it to us. They put it in their safe, and we had to pick it up the next time we were in that city, which turned out to be over three months.

Even if you could get someone to pick it up and send it to you, I am confident that it would cost more than your phone is worth. Hopefully you have insurance for items such as this.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lost and found office ataturk airport

Lanni_12, If someone has delivered your lost phone to the "Lost and Found" office at Ataturk Airport, you need to go there in person to pick it up. Make sure you have your passport with you.

enigma...

4. Re: lost and found office ataturk airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:19