We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
124 posts
386 reviews
Save Topic
Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

I read elsewhere that the section going south under the Golden Horn was scheduled to be done by the end of this year. We are visiting in mid January and wondered if it will be a transit option?

england
Level Contributor
274 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

Thanks

Hoorn, The...
11 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

Hi everyone,

Still a few days to go and finally we go to Istanbul. I can find a lot of information on the transport system and the many options to use it.... and maybe that is for me the problem that I don't have an overview anymore.

We arrive thursday 27 march on Sabiha Gokcen at 20.00. We want to take the "fastbus" to Taksim and then we have to to take the metro M2 in north direction to go to the Hilton Bomonti hotel (with 10 minutes walk).

But in short my question... on my day of arrival on the airport... what is the easiest pay for the metro that evening... I see an option for a istanbulcard.. but you have to buy it... (where or where is a machine ???) you have to put money on the card ?? how do I do that.. how much do I have to put on the card... we are with two persons... do I have to buy two cards ?? Are there other options... just pay in turkisch lira to the driver... etc.. Can anybody help me what is the most easy way for me as a tourist ?? Thanks a lot for your help

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,270 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

Quintygirl, welcome to Istanbul.

Get an Istanbulkart at Sabiha Gokcen airport. You can get it from the white kiosk across the street from the exit of the arrivals terminal. Put 40 TL on the card (6 TL deposit, 34 TL fares). Get one card for both of you if you are going to travel together all the time. Use the Istanbulkart on all public transport (metros, ferries, trams, local trains, cable cars, buses, funiculars, etc.). For Havatas bus to Taksim, you can pay the ticketing man 10 TL after you are seated.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 25 March 2014, 12:23
Hoorn, The...
11 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

Helle Enigma,

Thanks for your anwer…. Still a few more to complete my information. After I bought the card from the kiosk, where on the airport can I find the machine to put money on the card?

When I am on the metro. I have one card for two persons. Do I have to scan (where do I scan it?) the card twice when entering the metrosystem ? Or if asked otherwise, how does the card see that I want to pay for two persons ?

You are advising me to put 40 TL on the card. For example, what is the price per person for traveling from Taksim to Osmanbey with the metro ?

Thanks for helping me out again.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,270 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

QG, Taksim-Osmanbey is 1.95 TL. All public transport rides are 1.95 TL. As you pass the turnstiles, just hand your card to your bf. He will show the card to the screen also. You pass the turnstiles one by one. On the screen you will see how much you paid and your balance remaining on the card. Here is a video for you: "istanbulanswers.com/video-using-public-trans…".

enigma...

Edited: 25 March 2014, 14:10
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

Does anyone know when the M1 line between Aksaray to Yenikapi will be open? Thankyou

1 post
Save Reply
47. Re: Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

maybe in two months. but you can walk or take a bus. for example 31, y1 or r2 lines.

48. Re: Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 13:38
Edited: 24 October 2014, 13:38
49. Re: Status of constructioin for the M2 section to Yenikapı?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2015, 05:16