We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to Turkey

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
trip to Turkey

Hello,

I will be going to Turkey, Istanbul first then Antalya, between October 6th and 17th.

I know it will be kind of cold in Istanbul. I wonder what should I pack; autumn clothes, like long sleeves cotton tops, or thicker items?? Should I pack lighter clothes for antalya??

Thank you!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to Turkey

Rasha, Yes Istanbul is cold now. It is about 10 degrees C. at 7.30 PM. Antalya on the other hand is a bit warmer at 17 degrees C. So bring warm clothing in layers for Istanbul and you can wear short sleeves at Antalya during daytime.

good luck,

enigma...

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to Turkey

<<<I will be going to Turkey, Istanbul first then Antalya, between October 6th and 17th.<<<

I do hope that you have all your transportation ( long haul buses, or flights ) organized in advance as you will be travelling during the dates of the Kurban bayram holiday where buses and flights tend to get booked up quickly.

as for clothes for antalya also bring warmer clothes for nights..( sweather and long pants ) today was sunny but a very cold wind blowing..If the weather improves hopefully over the next couple of days you will need shorts and tee-shirts.

3. Re: trip to Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:20