We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

Hello,

I'm visiting Istanbul for the first time in the last week of October and living in Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy. My onward international flight from Istanbul is at 9:50 am on Thursday, October 31st. How early do I need to leave from Kadikoy on October 31st if I want to be at Ataturk airport at 7:50 am?

Also, what's the quickest way by public transport (that won't cost an arm and a leg) to get to the airport at that time of day? If the commute takes very long, I'm considering staying on the European side of Istanbul for my last night.

Thanks in advance

Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
173 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Special Offer
Istanbul Day Tour of Sultanahmet...
1,230 Reviews
from US$72.25*
US$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from US$250.75*
US$295.00
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,928 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

marlondes, You need to be at Ataturk Airport at 7.50 AM. You have a few alternatives. I personally would take the IDO seabus from Kadikoy at 7.20 AM and be at Bakirkoy at 7.40 AM. Here is the schedule for seabuses: "ido.com.tr/tr/…341". (This is for WEEKDAYS only). At Bakirkoy I would take a taxi to the airport. Here the important issue is to walk to your left as you leave the Bakirkoy pier towards the tall "Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy" Hotel and get a taxi from there to the airport. "http://goo.gl/maps/oa63m". Do not walk towards your right and take taxi from the parking lot because that will go all the way to Zeytinburnu to turn back again towards airport. This way you will be at the airport around 7.55 AM. Taxi will cost 20 TL.

Secondly you can take a taxi from Kızıltoprak to Taksim and take a HAVATAS bus from Taksim to the airport. However the traffic early morning will be very heavy towards Taksim and I suggest to give an hour for this taxi ride.

Finally you can stay at Taksim Talimhane area to be close to Havatas departure point. Point Hotel would be a good choice because Havatas buses depart in front of that hotel. You should take latest the 6.30 bus to the airport, again because of the heavy traffic.

I prefer the first alternative.

good luck,

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Ataturk Airport
Ataturk Airport
Istanbul, Turkey
Istanbul
Level Contributor
645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

Enigma, have you ever tried the shuttle service bus leaving Yenikapi for Ataturk Airport? Accoring to the website, it costs 5TL, but with the routing listed probably takes quite a while. Any ideas about this?

ido.com.tr/tr/…yenikapi-servisleri

ido.com.tr/en/…yenikapi-servisleri

Mentioned in this post
Ataturk Airport
Ataturk Airport
Istanbul, Turkey
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,928 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

Yes I have, but the Yenikapi service bus in this case is a bit late for OP. It probably leaves at 8.00 AM and takes about 25 minutes or more to get to the airport. OP needs to be at the airport at 7.50 AM.

enigma...

Edited: 09 October 2013, 23:35
Istanbul
Level Contributor
645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

Yes, I had understood that, but I was meaning in general and not for this OP's current situation. Thanks again for the info.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

Thanks very much, enigma. Appreciate it.

Also, thanks for the links to classical music in prior posts...if I'm lucky, I'll get to listen to some good classical music when I'm there.

Cheers

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,928 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

marlondes, You are most welcome. Here is the full list of concerts by Istanbul Symphony Orchestra: "http://www.idso.gov.tr/en/concerts/2013". Would you believe, these concerts are only 20 TL/person (10 USD) because they are state subsidized. In addition there are those classical music concerts sold by Biletix.

Enjoy,

enigma...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

Thanks Enigma! Appreciate the help!

8. Re: From Kiziltoprak - Kadikoy to Ataturk airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 05:18