We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turkish airlines

Level Contributor
706 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
turkish airlines

has anyone been on turkish airlines international flights from usa to istanbul..i heard on economy flights the seats are more comfortable and on food besides dinner and a snack in between they offer sandwiches - do i have this all wrong is the flight service no better than the other airlines? thanks

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: turkish airlines

Hi Instruction: Thank you for your kind words. In fact it is easy for me to write about Istanbul. From my first visit there 14 years ago when we stayed in the other Hilton Hotel, I felt a conncetion to this city. I walked out alone the very night we arrived and was intrigued at once by the people. It was eve of Army Day, and the first thing I saw was a tank, didn't bother me in the least. Through the years I have traveled all around Turkey both solo and with family and have had a wealth of experiences. I know you will like it too. Now to business. It seems that Trip Advisor reviewers do not like your hotel for a variety of reasons. Mosty attitude of the staff. I have never stayed there but the one thing is has going for it is a good location near Yildiz Park and the beautiful Bosphorus. After our first visit we have never stayed in any other hotels but small family run ones. We enjoy seeing the neighborhoods and the friendly staff who really go all out for you. Also since we will live one day in Sultanahmet part time I prefer to stay there. I have friends there and know the neighborhood quite well now. But the one thing about Istanbul is that there is always something else to see. There are wonderful posts this week about Cengelkoy, a neighborhood I haven't explored yet. If you change your mind about the Conrad, please consider staying in Sultanahmet: Hotel Daphne, Hotel Nena, Empress Zoe, Zeynep Sultan, Sari Konak, all have their adherents among frequent Istanbul posters. But, no matter where you stay you will be entranced with the magic of Istanbul. Happy Travel, LemonLady

NewYork/USA and...
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: turkish airlines

Hi instruction01,

A few minutes ago Turkish Airline NJ JFK officer called and they tols me that they seach everywhere in Terminal one (turkish airline departs from this terminal) they call Terminal 1 Security and Aitalia officers who worked July 10th BUT no bag and no video. I have to admit that I was not expecting this from Turkish Airline because this is NOT their response but they tried everything and I am sure that this is not for me for every customeries of Turkish Airline.

Conrad hotel is outside of touristic area and you have to use taxi everytime if you want to go to Sultanahmet, Beyazit or Sirkeci area. I recomemdn you stay in Sultanahmet area and cut some taxi fees and if sultanahmet hotel expensive then conrad I prefer sultanahmet hotel not because of their service because of location. there are lots of hotels in sultanahmet better then conrad BUT price is little bit higher.

Have a nice trip in Turkey

If you come to Kusadasi WELCOME to my home face to Aegean sea you may have Turkieh tea or SIRINCE VINE

Sinan Akdeniz

Level Contributor
706 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: turkish airlines

helow sinan thank you for your note this is really bad that you lost your bag and video the video can be replaced but at an expense and your bag i hope nothing really valuable was in there--i am very forgetfull i lose money bills have fallen out of my pocket and i have lost a few wallets with quite a bit of money plus several eyeglasses etc you are not alone - these things happen when i am at home but strange when i travel i manage to keep my self organized. regarding the conrad there is bus service from the hotel i sent an e-mail to the hotel and they told me there are busses from the hotel to different parts of turkey--sinan, although i have no plans to visit kusadasi i thank you very much for your invitation i consider it an honor and i thank you. helow lemon lady i still your knowledge of turkey is wonderful please write a book on turkey so i can buy it i know these family type hotels are really nice but for me i prefer a large american type impersonal hotel but when i go sightseeing i like to think of my self as a resident not a tourist. i tha k you both for your replies you are making me more anxious to see istanbul.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: turkish airlines

Hi Again: glad to hear that there is bus service from the Conrad to other districts in Istanbul. As far as writing a book is concerned I am glad someone thinks I am capable of it, what I really want to do is make a movie. I am planning to make one movie already in East Turkey and have a great concept for one on "Hidden Istanbul". This last was inspired by a very savvy Istanbul poster who knew all sorts of anecdotes about Istanbul. You will see when you arrive that this is a city that attracts on many levels. For some it is of historic interest, for some it is romantic, for some it is a culinary experience. For me it always gives a feeling of excitement. Just walking around makes me feel good. You will have a wonderful time. Happy Travel, LemonLady

15. Re: turkish airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 05:26