We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conference in Istanbul in May 2014

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Conference in Istanbul in May 2014

I'm planning an conference in Istanbul next May for about 50 people coming from 20 different countries. We've had the conference there previously near the city center. I thought it might be a nice to change to have it outside of town, perhaps in a relaxing resort type venue. Do you have an recommendations for something about an hour or so from town that would perhaps have vineyards, nice areas to walk and relax in at night? As people are flying from so many places, I would prefer not to arrange additional domestic flights, so am hoping there is somewhere not to far away.

Thank you!

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conference in Istanbul in May 2014

Have you considered the Prince's Islands?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,476 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conference in Istanbul in May 2014

wishiwashomewardbnd, welcome back to Istanbul,

This time around, you can stay on the Bosphorus, a bit away from the town central, and at a fairly good price for the kind of hotel it is right on the Bosphorus. You can probably get better rates for your group than those offered by booking.com. I suggest the new hotel Grand Tarabya Istanbul for your conference attendees. Here are the excellent reviews. "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d350917…".

Tarabya, "http://goo.gl/maps/g5C4K", is a very beautiful village by the Bosphorus with lots of walking along the shores of Bosphorus. You are away fom Istanbul but still in Istanbul. The public bus 25E and 25T will take you to Kabatas and Taksim respectively,, and there is a stop in front of the hotel. Tarabya area has some of the best restaurants in Istanbul, especially on seafood. Have a look: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k6462…".

good luck,

enigma...

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conference in Istanbul in May 2014

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I will look into them. I am looking forward to this visit and seeing more of Istanbul.

4. Re: Conference in Istanbul in May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:17