We are so excited to visit Istanbul this coming December! This will be our first visit.
I have read and re-read many itinerary from this forum. All is very helpful, yet I still need to fill some gaps on my travel plan. We have an 11 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. I know my eldest will gladly hit the streets all day and all night without a problem. But we'd like a relax itinerary for the sake of her little brother.
So here is my first draft:
Day 1 (25 Dec, Wednesday) arriving at 6 am
- Go to our hotel in Sultanahmet, we'll be coming from Kuwait - a three hour flight. So probably just rest and freshen up for a couple of hours.
- Start around 9:00 to Blue Mosque
- Then Hagia Sophia
- Walk around Gulhane Park and perhaps have lunch there
- Proceed to Basilica Cistern
- Back to hotel
- Topkapi Palace first thing in the morning
- around 2pm go to Grand Bazaar
- After that we are going to meet some friends...
- 9am to Miniaturk
- 11am take a ferry to haskoy pier and see Rahmi Koc Museum
- not sure where else to go. please give suggestions.
- New Mosque
- Spice Bazaar
- Lunch at Galata Bridge
- Galata Tower
- Thinking of going to Taksim Square and Istiklal Street in the afternoon
- No idea what to do in the morning, but we would like to visit Ortakoy in the late afternoon. (Perhaps Yildiz park before Ortakoy? I'm not sure.)
- Still blank. Bosphorus short cruise perhaps? How cold is that in the winter? Any other ideas would be great!
- It's a Tuesday, and I'd really like to visit Kadikoy Tuesday market. So, that's the plan for this day. We'd probably return to the hotel late afternoon.
Our last day. We have a midnight flight, so there is still plenty of time during the day.
Any ideas what to do on our last day?
I know Cappodacia and Ephesus are awesome, but we'd like to just stay in Istanbul.
We appreciate your help. Many thanks!