We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa for us citizen

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 post
Save Topic
visa for us citizen

am holding American passport it will expire by 13jan2014 .

am traveling to Istanbul by 01Nov2013.am going for a short tourist trip with my family for 7days.

is it possible using my passport with less than six months validity?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa for us citizen

sadek_salma, I am afraid not. Turkey requires a six months validity in the passports beyond the expiration of your visa. How long you will stay in Turkey is not relevant to this rule. So I suggest that you get an extension to your passport at the American Embassy in Kuwait City.

enigma...

Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa for us citizen

Hi,

Do you know if only US passport holders need a visa but EU not?

My US passport is good for several years but my EU will exp. July 2014. I am planning on visiting Turkey June 2014.

Thanks

Kathrin

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa for us citizen

You will need a temporary tourist visa for either one which can easily be obtained for a nominal fee once you touch down in Istanbul.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa for us citizen

Kathrin, Visa requirements change from country to country and some are common requirements. You need 6 months more passport validity after the expiration of your visa. Therefore you need to use your US passport. I did not understand your EU passport? EU is not a country.

enigma...

5. Re: visa for us citizen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 06:21