We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hours in Ataturk Airport

Hawalli, Kuwait
4 posts
Save Topic
7 hours in Ataturk Airport

Hello there,

I have almost 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

Arriving at 10:35am .. Departure to Trabzon at 6:15pm

It will be on the 25th of this November

So my questions are:

Is there a place in the airport where i can keep my bag in and go out of the airport?

With this time that i have, where can i go by tram or train?

Im not into malls at all..i love taking pictures and explore uniqe places.

I also have two days in istanbul coming back from Trabzon..is there a professional photographer which i can book for street walk photography in istanbul?

Please advice.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

if you are flying with Turkish airlines check out there free tour of Istanbul between your flights

Hawalli, Kuwait
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

Yep im traveling via turkish airlines!

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it.

Hawalli, Kuwait
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

Thanks galway777, but their times didnt apply to my departure and arrival times..ill miss my flight if i go with them:)

Thanks anyway.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

Moe_Murad, Yes you can store your luggage at the "luggage storage" area at the airport. It is at the arrivals hall after customs clearance. If you qualify, you should get an evisa, online: "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/".

You really have only 4 hours at the city. If I were you, I would go straight to Sultanahmet. You can take the metro+tram and it would take about 45-50 minutyes whereas a taxi would take about 30 minutes. Taxi costs about 45 TL and they all use meters. You have time to visit Hagia Sophia and Sultanahmet.

For excellent photography, you can hire Mr. Yıldırım Çelik: "http://www.yildirimcelik.org/".

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 27 October 2013, 19:06
Hawalli, Kuwait
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

Thanks Enigma2007

I think i will do just that

Appreciate ur reply:)

Bodrum City, Turkey
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

But Sultanahmet takes all day long .If you just see the surroundıng ıt ıs ok but Topkapı palace where the Ottoman Empıres used to lıve wıll take one day There ıs Hagıa Sofıa , Yerebatan, Bkue Mosque and Grand Bazaar whıch ıs my favourıte and at the end of the grand bazaar mısır çarşısı ( Mısır bazaar) where all kınds of currıes , spirits and so on are sold . Dont forget to eat fısh under the Galata brıdge whıch ıs just after the Mısır bazaar when you come back to Istanbul .Aha then take a shıp to the prıncess ırelands My favourıte ıs Büyükada. Good Luck

Istanbul
Level Contributor
617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

Impossible suggestions based on the OP's timeframe.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,041 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

seaandsky....the OP only has 4 hours.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,146 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

The OP does not have time to visit the ancient sites of Istanbul. He could probably walk into the Blue Mosque, and the cisterns. If there are no lines he might be able to quickly see the interior of Aya Sofya. Obviously he has no time to enter Topkapi. Still, in four hours there will be many opportunities for some fantastic photographs. If the choice is four hours at the airport or four hours in Sultanahmet, he should certainly select Sultanahmet.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 hours in Ataturk Airport

Yep You are all correct I meant hıs back trip to Istanbul.