We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

HI

Is there any home games in Istanbul between 12 November to 23 November 2013.

It will be nice to catch a game.

Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,888 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

Greengage2013, they are usually offerd for sale one week before the game at Biletix. "http://www.biletix.com/anasayfa/ISTANBUL/en". So follow that website closely. There is a Galatasaray - Sivasspor game at TT Arena in Istanbul on November 23. "www.tff.org/Default.aspx…".

enigma...

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
99 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

we will be in Istanbul during this time so that' great there will be a game. When we were in Santiago last year we wanted to attend a match and the fans were actually banned from the game because the fans had gotten in trouble a game before for shooting fireworks onto the field and in the stands. Only the club members or something like that were allowed in the game.

Nothing like showing up to a game hoping to buy tickets and being stopped by people in armored personnel carriers. lol

How much do tickets run normally ? Is there a section to avoid sitting in ? ( In the games in Santiago we were told to avoid sitting behind the goals

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

Depending on where you sit, but tickets for the above mentioned Galatasaray-Sivasspor match at TT Arena range from 30 to 300 lira www.biletix.com/etkinlik/MFC17/ISTANBUL/tr

If you click on bilet fiyatlari to the right of the title you can see the ticket prices.

Start of last year I watched the Galatasaray-Caykur Rizespor match at the same venue and purchased the tickets from home before I left for Turkey. Picked up the tickets from the Zeytinburnu biletix outlet after showing my id/credit card. I got the 100 lira tickets which were undercover on the wing.

Word of advice if given the choice when picking up the ticket from the outlet choose the side of the ground that has the substitute bench (yedek kulubesi) as the fans there tend to watch the match sitting down whereas the more passionate fans sit on the other side and watch the whole match standing up. I regularly watch Aussie rules matches seated so it was a funny experience.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,888 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

ResmeN, Those prices belong to a past game in 2011. :)) .The ticket prices may not be the same this year.

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

You are right Enigma, didn't occur to me to check the date.

Having said that the prices should be more or less similar.

Here is a site selling tickets for this match

viagogo.com/Sports-Tickets/…E-561968

Galatasaray appear to have taken their ticket sale rights from Biletix and sell it themselves

https:/…productHome.aspx

This page shows prices ranging from 50 lira upwards

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,888 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

Good research, ResmeN.

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

Thanks Enigma, we learnt from the best in town :)

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
99 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

Awesome info ResmeN. I haven't used Viagogo. Is it legitimate like stub hub here in the U.S ? Am I better off buying at those prices or waiting till the day of the game and getting at the Stadium ? Are these games usually sold out ?

This is a very pleasant surprise that a game will be going on while we are in Istanbul. Love hanging out with locals

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

It's a shame that the Galatasaray tickets are no longer sold thru biletix as it was a streamlined & simple process. Appears as advised earlier the club will be selling their own tickets and their site indicates that they are working on a direct sale site for fans to purchase tickets from

www0.galatasaray.talent-sport.co.uk/…

…milliyet.com.tr/galatasaray-in-ilk-yari-mac…

MJ I haven't used Viagogo either but they seem legit.

Unfortunately getting tickets on the day is usually a difficult affair but the opposition team not having that many supporters will mean a higher chance that you can do this.

Last year I bought in advance for the sake of convenience thru biletix. I may go to the Galatasaray-Trabzonspor match in December so will look at ways of getting a ticket for the match soon.

Here is the fixture www.tff.org/Default.aspx…

There are plenty of games going on that are being played by other teams as well.

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
99 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Football between 12 November and 24 Novmeber 2013

from what I've read quickly in the last day it seems that the Galatasaray games get pretty loud during the games and is a fun experience. Sounds like something we'd really enjoy.

I think I'll do what you did and buy in advance. Much better to just have it all planned out and less to think about