We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish airlines - Booking issue

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Turkish airlines - Booking issue

Hi all,

A bit of a question... i feel a little silly asking it.

I'm trying to book a Turkish airways flight from Kayseri to Istanbul on the 24th November.

The following website says that you get 15kg free and then can purchase more at 3TYR a Kg.

turkishairlines.com/en-au/…excess-baggage

But there doesnt seem to be anywhere to actually add the extra baggage? Am i missing something or do you add the extra baggage after booking the flight?

Thanks!

Greg

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish airlines - Booking issue

i think when there is a extra baggage weight, you will have to pay in the airport.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,001 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish airlines - Booking issue

Greg, They will weigh your luggage at the airport and then charge 3 TL/kg for excess over 15 kg (domestic flights only). You pay at the airport.

enigma...

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,690 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish airlines - Booking issue

If you are returning to Istanbul after your visit to Cappadocia, you may be able to arrange for your hotel to store some of your luggage.

4. Re: Turkish airlines - Booking issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:18