We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

istanbul in two and a half days

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
134 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
istanbul in two and a half days

If anyone has the time, can you give me an account of what to see and how over two and a half days in Istanbul. We get in on a Sat morning when our cruise ends. If it's also possible to give me approximate costs of sightseening.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: istanbul in two and a half days

Hi: try Turkey Travel Planner, http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com, they give sample itineraries so you can see where to go. Do you want a tour, that would include entrance fees to sites? Or if not do you wish to go alone with guidebook. I like Lonely Planet's guide to Istanbul. Happy Travel, LemonLady

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: istanbul in two and a half days

Hi Mani,

do on your first day the Grand Bazar, as it is closed on sunday! And maybe you can manage to quickly pop in either the Blue Mosque or the cisterns.

For the sunday go to Topkapi Palace, line up early as possible, you can have a nice lunch inside, overlooking Bosporus. Then again make a choice for something small in the end of the day. Maybe Haya Sophia, not really small but you might manage.

If I am right you have half of monday left, walk a bit around Galata tower area, and Istiklal street.

And as Lemon Lady recommends you, the Lonely Planet gives really good information how to get where, prices etc.

Good luck!

3. Re: istanbul in two and a half days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 15:16