We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a few questions...

Dubai, United Arab...
6 posts
Save Topic
Just a few questions...

Hello all

Arriving in Istanbul on 15th n leaving on22nd. with my two daughters.We will be

staying at Nixon Bosphorous Hotel in Findikli. This is our first visit to this beautiful

country....always wishing to go....and now it is being realised.

We are indian nationals residing in Dubai. Is it very cold around the time we are visiting?

You know Im not young anymore and worried about my arthritis :)

Also, plz recommend some reasonable places to lunch n dinner on the go....like during shopping

or sightseeing. and some places for inexpensive shopping.

i would love it if someone knows where is the scarves street? Saw some picture of it.

Thanks a lot guys,

Rux.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a few questions...

Hi Rux,

Congratulations on your upcoming trip. I am sure your expectations will be met and in fact exceded on your trip.

It is cold but not too cold so just take some decent clothing with you in case you feel the weather. If not you can always go shopping for clothing like you needed an excuse to shop anyway :)

Plenty of reasonably priced eateries around. Turkey is a food capital and you will see it when you get there.

For scarves and other related clothing try Fevzi Pasa caddesi in Fatih which has shop after shop of womans scarf and other clothing you may find of interest. As well as that I'm sure you and your daughters will enjoy the Fatih wednesday market which a sprawling suburban market with more stalls then you can count around the streets of Fatih mosque.

Have fun and wishing you a nice stay.

Dubai, United Arab...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a few questions...

Dear resmeN

Thank you so much for your help n advice.

Im sure we will love turkey.

My daughter read something about culinary walks. Do you think

It is a good idea? I told her i would ask friends on trip advisor

Forum. Do let me know.

Rux

Again, thanks for the tips

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a few questions...

Hi Rux,

If you prefer to spend your money to be guided on a culinary walk then you can do that or alternatively you can do some research and go your own way.

Some people prefer the guided walks, here are some links you may find of help

http://istanbuleats.com/walks-2/

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g293974…

Dubai, United Arab...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a few questions...

Thank you so much dear resmeN.

You are a great help.

I guess exploring on our own will be a better option.

Lookibg forward to the yummy kofte n kebabs and simit

And ofcourse all the local treats for the first time.

We have some turkish restaurants here in Dubai but Ive never eaten there because

having the food in turkey is a different experience.

Well,then

Regards

Rux

the food in turkey will be different.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a few questions...

You're welcome Rux. If you have other queries ask and I will be happy to assist and share my limited knowledge.

I agree the food is best tasted at its origin source.

Do tell us all about it afterwards :)

6. Re: Just a few questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 06:17