We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

Hey,

Iv been traveling around Europe and will be in Istanbul for a week soon, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions where to go from there? I wanted to go to Poland but it seems to be pretty far and expensive to fly. Any suggestions on another country to go to from Istanbul? We're on the way back to London so something easy in that general direction. Thanks :)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

Hi Mel,

Can you tell us which countries you will already have done before you will head to Istanbul?

Borus

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

Yeah iv been backpacking through Europe, so Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris,Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Greece. Just unsure if all the travel is going to be worth it for three days in Poland or go elsewhere or straight to London.

Thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

Rather than just seeing Istanbul why not spend a few more days here instead and see a bit more of this wonderful country.You can then fly on to the UK very cheaply from Istanbul with Easyjet.They fly Istanbul SAW airport to London Luton airport.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

I second Sari's advise.

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

I think we will do that or a small stop off in Switzerland on the way to London. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

I third above advice. Your better off staying in Turkey for longer and getting a decent taste & feel of it rather than a short stay followed by a short stay in Switzerland. But hey its your trip and only you can decide what you want to do.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,141 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

Mel B, There has been lots of advice to spend it at a very different destination in Turkey. I strongly recommend Mardin as a very unique destination for that. Have a look at my trip report about my recent visit to wonderful Mardin in September.: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g672951-i14711-k68…". You can do it in 3 days with minimum cost if you wish.

enigma...

8. Re: Best travel destinations from Istanbul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:18