We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

Hello!!

I'll be going to Istanbul for the first time for a week and I would like to get suggestions on where to spend New Years Eve. I would definitely want a view overlooking the Bosphorus sea (to see the fireworks) and to be in a place (preferably a restaurant/bar/club) where I can spend the whole night celebrating. But the main thing is a place with a great view! I'll be staying about 5 mins away from Galatasaray Square so I prefer to stay around that area so I can walk or take a short taxi ride to the hotel. I was thinking of having an early dinner and then going to a rooftop bar or club!? Would they be open even if it's cold?

I would really appreciate your help! Thanks!!! :)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,988 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

yes, If you can go to rooftop restaurants. Cloud7 Restaurant and Bar at Parksa Hilton has outstanding views of the Bosphorus. "…hilton.com/en/…index.html".

enigma...

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,988 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

hansen, I also like very much the "Mahalle" restaurants at the top of CiysNisantasi mall: "www.citysnisantasi.com/63/gourmet-corners". There are very good gurme kitchens there. make sure to pay a visit.

enigma...

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
291 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

Thank you Enigma. So Galatasaray and Nisanti area will be similar, except Nisanti will be closer to our hotel in Sutluce?

It seems that most places with great views you have to pay to enter? I have seen many places that offer a NYE party with fixed fees. Do you know about any restaurants or outdoor places with great views, and where you only pay for a meal, etc?

Edited: 17 December 2013, 09:27
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,988 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

hansen, Normally you do not have to pay for any of the view places to enter, but if they have a special program for new years eve, they do not want people just spend an evening with a glass of beer, hence a cover charge. Here are some other possibilities for for NYE. "theguideistanbul.com/news/…".

enigma...

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
291 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

Thank you. We would like a nice restaurant with good food and a great view. Preferably not too far from our hotel. It seems our hotel also has a great view, but it is in Suluce and Im not sure if its too far outside the city centre. We are not interested in a NYE party. What would be your suggestion?

16. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 December 2015, 17:07
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

can you tell us exactly where is ıt, coz i really don't know here is it ...

and also im so confusing where to send my holiday new year ! :)

4 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

Yeah, I had the same problem.

I stop a taxin, when he you switch on the meter, I found it 15TL. I just told him to stop me and I took another taxi.

Bad people everywhere!

4 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

Do you know, where is the best places to spend in new year! :)

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Where to spend New Years eve in Istanbul?

Hi,

Follow link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k8001…