We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul to Konya

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Istanbul to Konya

Hi, I'm planning my time in Turkey for the end of January 2014 and I'm trying to work out how to get from Istanbul to Konya and back by train preferably, or bus. I found what seemed like a perfect option from Haydarpasa, but have since found out that terminal is currently closed and not expected to reopen while I'm there. I would prefer a train so I can sleep, and am definitely interested in an overnight journey as I only have one week in the country and would like to maximise my sightseeing time. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,730 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul to Konya

Cait, There is no overnight train from Konya to Istanbul. However you can take the overnight bus, late evening from Konya and be in Istanbul early morning next day. Kamil Koc Company has two buses, at 21.30 and 23.00 from Konya, arriving at Istanbul next morning. "https://www.kamilkoc.com.tr/biletsatinal…".

good luck,

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul to Konya

Hi,

Prefer flight, its a long way. Flights available from both airports and tickets are cheap.

www.thy.com

www.flypgs.com

England
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul to Konya

I will also be making this journey in February 2014 with my family, I found that flying is quite cheap, for 3 adults, 2 children and 1 infant, I have brought return tickets for £149, this was through skyscanner. it is only 1 hour and 10 mins via plane. we will be leaving early morning for Konya and returning to Istanbul the same day in the evening. I haven't enquired about train or bus journeys as I found this flight quite reasonable.

hope you find something suitable.

Cardiff, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul to Konya

Hi Enigma,

Do I have to book the bus (KamilKoc Istanbul to Konya) from the internet or I could buy the ticket at the Otogar?

Is the Istanbul Otogar close to the Sultanahmet area?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,730 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Istanbul to Konya

Lyons, You can do either. You can buy your tickets at the Otogar also. If you buy them over the internet, you will have more choices but less flexibility.

Otogar can be reached by metro from Aksaray. Simply take the tram from Sultanahmet to Yusufpasa stop and walk to Aksaray metro station in 4 minutes. "http://goo.gl/maps/7Pwpn".

enigma...

Cardiff, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Istanbul to Konya

Crystal Clear! Thanks so much Enigma!

LG

7. Re: Istanbul to Konya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 07:15