We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Hi,

I will be visiting Istanbul in Jan 2014. I am really interested in seeing the Vialand Theme Park. So, I want to know if it is open or it's just the shopping centre that is operational.

Thanks

Sarah

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Sarah, It is open. However it will be cold in January so you need warm clothing and boots: "http://www.vialand.com.tr/themepark".

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Hi Sarahhey,

The Vialand theme park will be closed between December 2, 2013-April 1, 2014. The shopping mall is open round the year. If you want to go to an amusement park while you are visiting Istanbul, I'd recommend FUN CLUB at Cevahir mall, which is the largest indoor amusement park in the city. Have a look: http://www.funlab.com/v1/index_fun.php

Enjoy,

Borus

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Sarah, Borus is right. At the bottom of the link I gave you they announce that theme park will reopen in April.

enigma...

Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Thanks a lot guys. That's sad if vialand park will be closed during my visit.

Can you recommend me some other adventurous waterparks with water rides within istanbul?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Sarah, waterparks operate in summer and water rides are a summer activity. When it is freezing cold outside like right now, you do not think about water parks. However I suggest that you try indoor skiing at the Torium mall: "http://www.torium.com.tr/en/bi-eglence.html".

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Sarah,

The only adventurous thing you do with water in winter time can be getting a Turkish massage in a hamam. Lots of water, thrill, fear, adrenaline, relaxation... All in one.

Borus

PS: Istanbul is not a resort city and there are not many water parks in the city.

Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Thanks you ppl!

I will be traveling in the last week of January 2014. I understand that it's gonna be cold but I have no idea how cold. Should I pack a whole lot of warm clothing?

Also, please recommend me a good guidebook with maps and road directions, as I will be staying in Istanbul for 8 days.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Sarah,

Google weather forecast for Istanbul when you are to pack your suitcases. It is really difficult to give you a prediction one month before your travel time in January.

Rick Steve's guidebook on Istanbul is the most recommended one by our fellow travellers here on Istanbul Forum.

Hope this helps,

Borus

Edited: 14 December 2013, 16:41
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

Sarah, I recommend DK Eyewitness Istanbul Guide (it has nice maps) and Rick Steves Istanbul. Both are very good guidebooks but somewhat different. Both are available from Amazon. You can also get free Istanbul maps from the Tourism Information Offices at Eiminonu pier area, at Sirkeci station, at Taksim, at Kadikoy pier and other places. I also suggest that you download the applications to your phone from Tripadvisor. "http://www.tripadvisor.com/apps".

enigma...

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Vialand Theme Park, Istanbul

hi guys im travelling to Istanbul on 24th of dec ....what do you recommend for me to do with in three days ???we are couple and I want best places to visit.