We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parmechi?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,112 posts
341 reviews
Save Topic
Parmechi?

I am looking for a recipe for a Turkish dish called something like "parmechi" - which is made with ground beef, seasoned, and somehow deep fryed in a light batter of some sort (I think) and served with sour cream or yogurt. We have had that several times at Turkish restaurants around Canada - but have been unable to fund a recipe for it - or even the correct spelling. Does nayone know of this dish? It is often served as an appetizer. My daughter is after me to get the recipee so she can prepare it - she loves it. Any help appreciated.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parmechi?

Hi there,

is doesn't ring a bel to me at all! There are many recipes with meat in combiantion with garlic yoghurt. Most of them come with a certain aubergine (eggplant) variety.

But the word means nothing to me, do you mean a minced meat like meatballs or not?

Was is a side dish or a main course?

I would love to help but I don't know what you mean, otherwise I can send you another lovely dish, meat in combination with yoghurt.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parmechi?

Hi Guys: I have never heard of this dish. Are you certain it is a Turkish recipe. My advice is to call one of the restaurants to get the recipe or at the very least the correct name of the dish. I will think about this and maybe come up with the name of this dish and get back. Happy Day, LemonLady

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,112 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parmechi?

The dish was a side dish, and contained ground beef - not meatballs. That is all I can remember except it was fried - and served with some kind of yogurt or sour cream to accompany. Thank you for your comments though.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parmechi?

Chop 1 onion very small with 2 small green peppers. Fry this in a little bit oliveoil till soft and add 250 grm of minced meat and fry until grease from meat is gone. Add a little salt, black pepper.

For the yoghurt take 1 cup of yoghurt and add 4 teeth of garlic, crushed. Serve the minced meat with yoghurt on top. You can add a spicy sauce by frying hot pepper flakes in olive oil very shortly and this comes as a nice touch of red color and spicy taste on top.

Garnish with parsley.

Try this, it is not what you ask for but if you like the combination of yoghurt with spicy meat you will love it!

Bon appetit!

5. Re: Parmechi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 10:37