We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day short trip in Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 day short trip in Istanbul

I have a 3 day stop in Istanbul from Jan 2 (afternoon 12pm onwards) to Jan 5 (12 pm). It is just me and my wife. I am staying at the Crowne Plaza.

Our preference : Visit the bazaar, beautiful scenic spots, nature, outdoor trails etc.. We do not enjoy historic sites and museum as much..

3 Questions

- Can someone please help suggest typical trips for such short duration ? Also if there are few tours we can join locally that will make our planning easier please advise

- I would also like to get advise on logistics to / from the airport ?

- Any other tips..

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance for your response.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,661 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day short trip in Istanbul

mits81, which airport are you landing at and which Crown Plaza are you staying at?

enigma...

Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day short trip in Istanbul

Thanks Enigma

I am staying at : Crowne Plaza Istanbul Old City (

Airport landing : Istanbul Atatürk Airport

Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day short trip in Istanbul

Would appreciate any specific guidance from folks or experts on this community

Trondheim
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day short trip in Istanbul

If you do not like historic sites and museums Istanbul is the wrong place for you. Nature and scenic spots? Come to my country. Best in the world acc. to National Geographic. But I prefer Istanbul.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,661 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 day short trip in Istanbul

mits81, Grand Bazaar is 5 minutes walk from your hotel. You should also visit Spice Bazaar at Eminonu. For scenic enjoyment, I would take a full Bosphorus cruise at 10.30 by Sehir Hatlari ferries from Eminonu. You should go all the way to Anadolu Kavagi, and hike up to Yoros castle and enjoy the scenery there. You can see the Bosphorus entrance to Black sea. You should spend one evening at Istiklal street/Beyoglu area. Pierre Loti Cafe at Eyup has magnificent views of the city and is also a scenic area.

To get to the hotel from the airport by public transport, simply take the metro from the airport to Zeytinburnu and the tram (T1) from Zeytinburnu to Laleli stop. Your hotel is there, 1 minute walk from the tram stop. "…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/…29.png" (M1A -> T1).

good luck,

enigma...

6. Re: 3 day short trip in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:17