We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
148 posts
396 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

We are a group of 2 adult women and 3 teenage girls, flying from JFK to KL in February via Turkish airlines and have a 19 hr layover in Istanbul. We are planning on taking advantage of the free Tour Istanbul tour offered by Turkish airlines and I believe we meet the criteria. Our departing flight leaves at 12:55 am so we would like to take part in a Turkish Bath while in Istanbul both for hygiene reasons and cultural. With this tour, can we stay behind in the city center and get our own transportation back? Can anyone suggest a bath house near the Blue Mosque, as this is the area we will be visiting with the tour? Does there happen to be a Turkish Bath in the airport? What are the hours of the bathhouse, we will be there on a Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,701 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

chasetravelers, sure. just tell the tour leader that you will be returning on your own so you will not return with them. I assume you will be visiting the Sultanahmet historical attractions with the tour. You should be taking the tour 3. Aftar the tour, you can visit the best hamam in Istanbul right at Sultanahmet square, the Ayasofya Hurrem Sultan Hamam: "tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293974-d2…" ( a bit pricey but well worth it, hopefully it will be open before renovations), OR the historic Cemberlitas Hamam at Cemberlitas tram stop: "tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293974-d2…". You should leave Sultanahmet area latest at 10.00 PM for the airport via taxi. You can store your hand luggages at the "luggage storage" office at the airport.

good luck,

enigma...

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
148 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

Thanks so much for your help. That is exactly what we needed to know. We are really looking forward to our time in Istanbul and want to make te most of it.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

Is the Turkey Visa required for this free tour Istanbul trip ?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

Yes Rizwan, the moment you step outside of the airport you need a visa.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,701 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

Rizwan, depending on your citizenship you are required to have a visa to enter Turkey. However citizens of certain countries are also exempt from visa. So if you let us know your citizenship and time of travel, I can help you more.

enigma...

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

Shall we need to purchase visa if we are not exempted or for tour they shall arrange it free because of transit flight.

Edited: 24 October 2014, 20:04
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,701 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

Shakeel K, The tour does not arrange any visas. You have to get it on your own. "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/".

enigma...

Cairo, Egypt
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

I am egyptian and have a schengen visa

i want to join touristanbul while transit

if i need visa for this and the cost ?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,701 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

Nader_youssef, The tour is free offered by Turkish Airlines for its own passengers. However you need a Turkish evisa. "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/". Check the conditions and requirements after you determine your dates.

enigma...

Stirling, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turkish air, tour istanbul tour

I am travelling from Kathmandu to Edinburgh on 3 June. I don't arrive in Istanbul until 12.35, but have a 19 hours layover. Am I eligible for free hotel accommodation as I think I miss all the tours?

Is there a paid tour that I could join, and do you have details?