We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Enigma2007.

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Enigma2007.

Hi all and Happy New Year.

This question is for Enigma2007. You said yesterday that after April 10,2014, there will be no visas on arrival issued at the border gate. I'am American and I used to get my visa once I arrive at the Airport for $20. I'am planning to visit Istanbul on May,2014, should I get my visa from the Turkish Consulate in New York, which costs more ,or is there another way to get my visa?

Thanks a lot Enigma2007 for the good work you are doing on this forum.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,661 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Enigma2007.

Istanbul-lover2011, welcome to Istanbul.

No, as an American citizen, you do not have to go to the Turkish Consulate. Simply get your visa from the Turkish governments evisa website: "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/". Get the printout of the visa and show it to the immigration officer at the airport. That is it. Again this visa costs 20 USD and is good for a 90 days stay (multiple entry).

enjoy Istanbul once again,

enigma...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Enigma2007.

Thank you Enigma for you quick reply.

Westport, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Enigma2007.

Enigma 2007, thanks a million for all the information you provide, I used information provided by you last year on a trip to Istanbul and all was spot on, from bus / tram routes to ferry and travelling information. I am returning to Istanbul in February14 and wonder what is the position with using electronic cigarettes, are they allowed,? can they be purchased ? and would you be expected to go outside a cafe to " smoke " one.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,661 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Enigma2007.

moneenlouisburgh134, thank you very much for the kind words of appreciation. It is this kind of appreciative comments that give me the energy to help people at these forums.

Electronic cigarettes are treated as cigarettes by law. Therefore if you want to be a law abiding citizen (visitor), you should smoke them at the open air sections of the restaurants. Yes they are sold in Turkey but it seems that they are expensive. Here is an online website. "http://www.esigaraturkiye.com/".

enigma...

Westport, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Enigma2007.

Thanks once again Enigma2007, your replies to everyday tourist requirements are fantastic, you provide more information then any tourist book to travellers like myself. Turkish tourist board. should pay you a fee for your contribution to turkish tourism. Keep up the good work, it is much appricated .

Casablanca, Morocco
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Enigma2007.

You can get a visa on line, an e-visa for $20. It is very easy.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Enigma2007.

Hi enigma2007',

you are very helper ,may I have your e-mail please. my email is maryam_ttt@yahoo.com.I am looking for your email.

Regards,

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,661 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for Enigma2007.

Mary, I sent you a PM.

enigma...

2 posts