We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-Visa vs. Sticker Visa

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
E-Visa vs. Sticker Visa

Hi,

I am a U.S. citizen and I'm traveling to IST for business at least a few times over the next 6 months. It is my understanding that for U.S. citizens, the Turkish Visa will allow me multiple entries over 6 months. My preference is to get a sticker visa on my first visit just as a momento (I know kind of a stupid reason), but my question is, since sticker visas will no longer be issued after April 2014, does that mean that as long as I get a sticker visa before April 2014, it will still be good for 6 months or does it mean that no matter what, the sticker visa will be invalid after April 2014? Example: I buy a sticker visa in March 2014, but it will only be valid for re-entry until April 2014. Or, will a sticker visa purchased in March 2014 be valid for re-entry until September 2014?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-Visa vs. Sticker Visa

A sticker visa bought on arrival before 10 April 2014 will be valid for 180 days from date of entry. It just is that after that date, you will no longer be able to buy the sticker visa on arrival.

Seattle, Washington
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: E-Visa vs. Sticker Visa

Just to be clear, it will grant me re-entry, let's say in May or June? Thanks for the advice.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: E-Visa vs. Sticker Visa

Yes, TheJBK, it will.

4. Re: E-Visa vs. Sticker Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:19