We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest hotels to Sultanahmet metro station? Trying to map

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
396 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest hotels to Sultanahmet metro station? Trying to map

Hello. We're planing to take metro from Aturk Airport to Sultanahmet and trying to understand metro map. Which hotel is close to the Sultanahmet metro station? Also, if we book directly, most of hotel offers 10%, do they like Euro or TR? Thank you.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,849 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest hotels to Sultanahmet metro station? Trying to map

bsnsunny,

There is no metro to Sultanahmet. Take the metro from the airport to Zeytinburnu, and the tram (T1) from Zeytinburnu to Sultanahmet. "…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/…29.png".

Hotels prefer Euro and most quote prices in Euro.

Except for Witt and Tom Tom Suites, All top 10 hotels at the following list are at the general Sultanahmet or nextdoor Sirkeci area (preferred), all within easy walking distance of a tram stop: "tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293974-Istanbul-Hote…".

good luck,

enigma...

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest hotels to Sultanahmet metro station? Trying to map

The closest hotel to Sultanahmet tram stop that gets good reviews, and that forum regulars have stayed at and liked, is the hotel Nena.

There are many others though within a 5 min walk so if you give us an idea of your budget, we can help more.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
396 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest hotels to Sultanahmet metro station? Trying to map

Thank you very much!!!!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest hotels to Sultanahmet metro station? Trying to map

Noahs Ark is a very nive hotel. We stayed there in December and you could see the Blue mosque and Aya Sofya area from the roof terrace.

Rooms were very nice and breakfast was great.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,139 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest hotels to Sultanahmet metro station? Trying to map

In terms of level walking (as opposed to hills), proximity to good and inexpensive restaurants and nice shops without the constant voice of the carpet seller, I prefer the Sirkeci Mansison or Sirkeci Konak. I think it is now operating under the first name, but you can read reviews under Sirkeci Konak. Should you stay at this hotel take the tram to the Gulhane Stop. Go to the corner across the street from the tram stop and walk 1/3 of a block.

I do agree that the Nena also enjoys a good location in reference to the tram stop. I have never been a guest of this hotel but I have visited all the public rooms, and peeked into the guest rooms. I believe it's ratings are well-earned. It has lovely views from the top floor, and some rooms have balcony views as well.

For sheer ease of walking and convenience as well as selection of restaurants at reasonable prices I prefer the Sirkeci neighborhood, but I doubt you would be unhappy with either of these hotels. My only disappointment in Sirkeci is that I do not hear the prayer calls as clearly as I do in Sultanahmet, but some people think that is an advantage.

6. Re: Nearest hotels to Sultanahmet metro station? Trying to map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 05:18