We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with the best Turkish breakfast for one night

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Hotel with the best Turkish breakfast for one night

My wife and I have an overnight layover in Istanbul in June. I've been to Istanbul about 6 years ago and loved it. She has not. We want to make use of the hours we have there. Our flight gets in at 5:00 pm on a Saturday and have to fly out at 1:00 pm on the next day (Sunday).

I want to stay in Sultanahmet so we can see as many sights as possible (even if it's just from the outside). Since we only have one morning, I'd love to have a wonderful breakfast the next day..as authentic as possible. We're looking for room somewhere in the 100-150 U.S. dollars, but that's a little bit flexible. We'd like a decent room, but don't need too many amenities (other than free wifi) because we'll only be there for a night.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

And while you're at it, I know the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sunday (I think at least). Is the Spice Bazaar open?

Thanks in advance.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,246 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with the best Turkish breakfast for one night

Hello ndbrian,

My suggestion would be Galata Anemon, knowing it is not in Sultanahmet. But just next to Galata Tower. The views from the roof restaurant are simply stunning and just cross the bridge to the other side and you are at the Egyptian Bazar which is open on Sundays 09:00 (or 10:00 since I find different information) to 18:00.

This is their breakfast

flickr.com/photos/villarhapsody/7991988713

And it is brought to the table, personally I am not a big fan of buffets... and many hotels offer a breakfast buffet.

For seeing Sultanahmet just hop in a taxi, it is a very short ride. Seen your departure that same evening I would suggest to see Sultanahmet in the morning after breakfast, then after lunch (Hamdi just next to the Egyptian Bazar is a good place!) go and visit the Egyptian Bazar and if ther eis time left you can see the Yeni Cami - New Mosque - as well.

Cross the Galata bridge, collect your luggage and off to the airport.... cheers!

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with the best Turkish breakfast for one night

Friends of mine stayed in several hotels in Istanbul and Turkey and said the best breakfast they had was in the Hotel Sebnem - and that fits your budget and is in Sultanahmet.

3. Re: Hotel with the best Turkish breakfast for one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:17