We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul for 3 days, itinerary help.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
283 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul for 3 days, itinerary help.

We have 3 whole days in Istanbul in 2 weeks time but realise I still haven't sorted our itinerary!

We are a couple in our 30s who love walking and history but have made the mistake in the past of trying to cram too much into our city breaks. We are staying in Sultanhmet.

This is the itinerary so far:

Tuesday

The blue mosque

Haghia Sophia

Hippodrome

Grand bazaar

Wednesday

Topkapi palace

Basilica cistern

Thursday

Galata bridge & tower

Bosphorus cruise

Rumeli fortress

Spend some time on Asian side

poss. Istanbul modern museum

We also wanted to fit in Dolmabache but just realised it's not open Thursday which scuppers plans for visiting whilst we were in the vicinity though so I am thinking of adding this to Tues or Wed. We also thought of visiting Miniaturk but only if we had time.

Is this itinerary realistic or are there any glaring things we are missing out on?

Also where is best to stop off at on the Asian side? There seem to be so many great places to visit there!

And finally what's the best way to get to the Rumeli fortress and Dolmabache palace?

Thank you!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,503 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul for 3 days, itinerary help.

1066girl, Have a look at the very recent thread: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k7188…". You may have some time for Istanbul Modern but also do not miss the Archeological Museum, one of the best in the world. You should visit the Asin side with a short ferry ride from Eminonu, and spend a couple of evenings at the Istiklal street/Beyoglu area.

good luck,

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul for 3 days, itinerary help.

Tuesday, could do the Bosphorus cruise this day

Wednesday, after the cistern you could do Dolmabahce palace and then for the evening spend time around Istiklal rd/Beyoglu area

Thursday, Galata Toiwer, Istanbul Modern then catch the 25E Sariyer bus from Taksim or Kabatas to Rumeli Fortress. After that walk to Bebek pier and if the timing suits catch a ferry to Uskudar otherwise catch it from Besiktas which you can get to by getting on the same 25E Taksim bus.

In Uskudar have a look around then visit Maidens tower before making your way to Kadikoy and looking around the market place there.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul for 3 days, itinerary help.

Hi,this is my suggestion

Tuesday

The blue mosque

Haghia Sophia

Hippodrome

Grand bazaar

Wednesday

Topkapi palace

Basilica cistern

Arasta bazaar (sultanahmet)

Dolmebache palace (take the tram to kabatas, it is 10mnt walk to the palace)

Rumeli fortress ( from kabatas station,board bus no 25E, stop at Rumeli Hisari stop)

Thursday

Galata bridge & tower

Taksim Square

Pierre Loti

Bosphorus cruise

The itenaray is pack but doable as long as u start ur day early (by 9am)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul for 3 days, itinerary help.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I hadn't seen that post but many others so thank you enigma2007. I'm going to write our final itinerary over the weekend (after a nightmare busy week) so I'll let you know how get on. I genuinely don't know what to expect from Istanbul but I'm looking forward to it!

United States
Level Contributor
250 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Istanbul for 3 days, itinerary help.

I think Rumeli fortress closes on Wednesday.

6. Re: Istanbul for 3 days, itinerary help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 05:20