We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evisa Prices (Advance Purchase and at the Airport Kiosks)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,161 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Evisa Prices (Advance Purchase and at the Airport Kiosks)

Hi Folks,

Turkish Government has announced the evisa prices online in advance of your trip (same as before) and the purchase of the same visa at the unmanned kiosks at the airport (second column): "mfa.gov.tr/data/…vize-harc-miktarlari-en.pdf".

My strong recommendation, especially after comparing the rates, is that you get the evisa online, in advance of your trip, from the website. "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/" and never wait till you arrive in Turkey. Besides those who forgot to get their evisas at the comfort of their homes, will face long lines in front of these visa kiosks.

enjoy Turkey,

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Evisa Prices (Advance Purchase and at the Airport Kiosks)

Very good suggestion enigma. I wouldn't want to waste a single minute when I am on holiday, let alone hours. Getting an e-visa beforehand lets you go through the immigration right away. What a joy! Borus

Las Palmas de Gran...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evisa Prices (Advance Purchase and at the Airport Kiosks)

Thank you very much for the suggestion, Enigma.

Southern Highlands...
Level Contributor
602 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evisa Prices (Advance Purchase and at the Airport Kiosks)

Don't you just love how the price for Australia and Canada is 3 times the price of most of the other countries, hmmm wonder why Australian's would visit Turkey....... (this was one of my main reasons for visiting) Next year there will be a mass of Aussie's at the end of April. If you have no idea what I'm talking about go just google ANZAC's

Edited: 12 February 2014, 12:08
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,161 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evisa Prices (Advance Purchase and at the Airport Kiosks)

Tams, Those fees are mostly determined for reciprocality. In fact I know that Australian visa is expensive for Turkish citizens. I was at Gallipoli just two days ago as I was attending a philosophy meeting at Assos. What a wonderful scenery at Gallipoli. We stopped by at a few cemeteries and paid our respects. I know what you mean by Anzac days when thousands of Aussies and Kiwis gather at the hills of Gallipoli for remembrance of their brave fighters.

enigma...

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evisa Prices (Advance Purchase and at the Airport Kiosks)

It's just as enigma says, the visa costs for Turkish people to visit Australia and Canada is very high too, that is why it costs more.

Southern Highlands...
Level Contributor
602 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evisa Prices (Advance Purchase and at the Airport Kiosks)

Gallipoli is an amazing place to go to, but personally I wouldn't go there on Anzac day. When I was there in November it was very quiet just our tour group and another small group and you got a real feel for the place. One of the best experiences I had was when we went up to the trenches near the New Zealand Momument and there was a group of Turkish soliders visiting and we got to chat to them.

7. Re: Evisa Prices (Advance Purchase and at the Airport Kiosks)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:21