We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

Muscat, Oman
4 posts
Save Topic
Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

Dear Sir,

We are flying from Nevseher to Istanbul - Ataturk Airport on 1st Aug. 2014 by Turkish Airlines flight which leaves Nevseher airport at 3-05 & arrives in Istanbul Ataturk airport at 4-25 pm. And from Ataturk airport we have another flight to Muscat at 7-55 pm .

Arriving at 4-20 at Ataturk airport , can we get another international flight which is at 7-55 pm on the same day on 1st Aug. 2014 ? There are hardly 3 hours or so left for our Muscat flight. Again the question is - does Ataturk airport have both domestic & international airports ? And main thing how long it takes to come to international side from domestic side of Ataturk airport ? Can we get enough time to catch another flight which is hardly 3 hours later on the same day, i.e. at 7-55 pm . After getting down on Ataturk airport at 4-30 pm, again we have to clear immigration, then collect our baggage & go to international side & again do immigration , get boarding passes & other formalities, I am afraid we will miss the next flight which is at 7-55 pm on the same day. I don't understand what to do. Please guide me & tell me how much time it rquires for immigration & collecting our luggage & again walk international side, stand in queue for boarding passes, security etc. I really wonder how all this will be possible. Please help me. My e mail is- virgo1807@hotmail.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

That is plenty of time to transfer between the two flights.

Istanbul Ataturk airport has both international and domestic terminals.

You will arrive from Nevsehir to Istanbul Ataturk domestic terminal.

Follow the signs to the right towards the international terminal and you will arrive there in 5-10 minutes on foot.

You've given yourself ample time so you needn't worry.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,660 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

That should be fine. It's unlikely it will take more than an hour or so, to get through all the formalities, collect your luggage and make your way to the international terminal. As Resme says it is only a ten minute walk between terminals. Go straight to check in/ bag drop for your next flight and go through security again, then if you have a little time to spare you can have a coffee.

Do not post your email on an open forum, you expose yourself to all sorts of scammers.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,889 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

Shubhada K, No problems. You will make it to tyour Muscat flight very comfortably. 3 hours is more than enough to make that connection.

enigma...

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

İ have a question guyz my flight arrives in ataturk at 5:15 and the flight for paris is at 6:15

But the bagages should be dropped before 5:35 do you think i will make it?

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

Loicraza,

Forget it. Even if you check your luggages for final destination, it cannot be done.

Alper

Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

I had a two hour wait between catching a domestic flight from an international arrival and missed the flight as the airport was really busy that day.so the time you have between flights is very tight.the organisation at attaturk airport is not very good and they do things at their own pace

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

Istanbul airport is extremely busy and has been operating at full capacity for the last 5 years.

This is the main driving force as to why they are building a 3rd airport in the city in order to alleviate the pressure from the other 2 airports.

Ames, Iowa
Level Contributor
21 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

We are arriving on international flight and wish to take a domestic flight that same evening. Is 3 hours enough time?

Ames, Iowa
Level Contributor
21 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

We are arriving at IST on an international flight and wish to connect domestically. Is 3 hours sufficient time?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Domestic & International airports at Ataturk Airport

As long as you are arriving and departing from IST airport that will be fine.

The domestic terminal is a 5-10 minute internal walk from the international terminal.