We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul in February

Tehran
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul in February

Hi there;

I will be in Istanbul next week . I want to know is there any discount or shopping sale in Istanbul at this time?

How is weather now? is it possible to take a Bosphorus tour?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,151 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul in February

MarysaMo, Sure, There is asale in Istanbul all the time. Right now there are big sales of winter merchandise.

Weather is unseasonably warm at this time. You can take a Bosphorus cruise any time.

enigma...

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul in February

Hi just got back on Wednesday after 4 days and the sky was cloudless and the sun shone all the time. We had coats but didn't need them on last day but it gets a little chilly in evening. We were told we were lucky with the weather. Almost all the shops had sales on with up to 70% off.

Tehran
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul in February

thank you.

Enigma I saw in one of your post that you mentioned cheap cloth stores in Mahmutpasa-Eminonu. I don't remember any cloth store in Eminonu.please help me to finding cloth store.

Tehran
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul in February

Hi

Is it possible to use underwater Bosphorus rail tunnel for connecting European side to Viaport outlet in Asian side ?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Istanbul in February

Hi Marysa,

Unfortunately it is not. To get to Viaport, take the İDO seabus from Kabataş to Bostancı and free shuttle bus of Viaport from Bostancı. It is quite far away from the city center. Alternatively, you can take Havatas shuttle from Taksim to SAW and hop on a taxi at SAW to Viaport.

Best of luck,

Borus

Tehran
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Istanbul in February

many thanks Borus , is the this rail way working now ? how can I get its map road ?

please answer my before question about mahmutpasa, if possible :)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Istanbul in February

Hi Marysa,

Marmaray (undersea tube) is open and you can use it. You can find the public transit map here: http://www.istanbul-ulasim.com.tr/en

Mahmutpasa is an area (more of street) right behind the Spice Bazaar in Eminönü.

Borus

Tehran
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Istanbul in February

for cloth shopping from retail store in Merter which station is better to get off "Merter" or "Gungoren" ?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Istanbul in February

Marysa,

First of all, you are welcome. I am so glad that you have appreciated the answer I have given you.

As to your question: it is Merter.

Borus

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,151 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Istanbul in February

MarysaMo, Here is a very good rail systems map for you. "…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/…29.png". You will be getting off at "Merter Tekstil Merkezi" stop for the tram (T1) signposted Bagcilar.

good luck,

enigma...