We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muzekart only single entry

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
396 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Muzekart only single entry

In case people think they can use unlimit entry within 72 hrs. Yesterday we went Archology museum (not aware of time) and less than an hour, they called for closing. Today we decided to go back (so much to see) but our access was denied because of single entry policy. Also I like to let you know that Islamic Art Museum is closed ( at least couple of months more?). Enjoying very much here!!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muzekart only single entry

bsnsunny, Thanks for stressing this policy with respect to Museum Pass. Since the pass (card) is anonymous, they want to avoid the abuse of that by having multiple people use the same card. (resale or transfer of card).

enigma...

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Muzekart only single entry

The standard "Muzekart" which is available to Turkish Citizens and Foreign Residents who have a TC number, allows entry to each site only once. I guess the card available to tourists is the same.

I opted for the more expensive 50TL card which allows me to go back to Ephesus (for example) as many times as I like. Except that I can't pass it back to a friend immediately behind me. I think I have to wait an hour or two before I can re-enter. In any case, this kind of card is user-specific and has my photo imprinted. Again, I stress, this is not available to temporary visitors aka tourists.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
396 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muzekart only single entry

Thank you Enigma! Robert L, what is 50TL card? Thank you !!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muzekart only single entry

That is a Museum Card only available to Turkish citizens and to the permanent residents to encourage them to visit the museums of Turkey.

enigma...

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Muzekart only single entry

Once you've visited all the major sites which have fairly high entrance fees, it gets a lot cheaper visiting the minor ones. In 2011 I visited over forty sites in 3 weeks at a total cost of 36TL.

I think the citizens/residents' card is a great idea.

6. Re: Muzekart only single entry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 06:20